PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

Bloody horrible places, even at the best of times. Spent a lot of time in hospitals across Europe, incl Germany, and the difference in the quality of the building stock is frightening. I swear to god just being in a typical British hospital ward makes you sicker.
I have a different set of experiences. I have spent time in Preston (twice), Chorley (once but for 4 weeks) and Blackpool Vic (twice). The quality of the wards has definitely improved over the last 25 years (that covers these admissions). The only other country I have experienced is Zambia (1982) - trust me when I say you don't want any details. :sick:

EnMm5CWXIAMPy89
Makes a mockery of Johson’s Lockdown policy doesn’t it!

Do you have any evidence of it’s authenticity? This could’ve been posted by anybody going by the in your post. No offence, just checking.

Last edited:
Remember the last time they did this they left school figures out so that supermarkets could win and pubs and hospitality could come in second so they could shut them for a bit

they are at a bit of a crossroads on which of those places they can now shut looking at the list. Hospitals look dangerous. Lock the doors

Makes a mockery of Johson’s Lockdown policy doesn’t it!

Do you have any evidence of it’s authenticity? This could’ve been posted by anybody going by the in your post. No offence, just checking.

It seems it’s based on people asked to self isolate based on track and trace app telling them where they have visited in the preceding days. Which given neither kids nor teachers tend to use the app makes you wonder how the schools figure is that high

It seems it’s based on people asked to self isolate based on track and trace app telling them where they have visited in the preceding days. Which given neither kids nor teachers tend to use the app makes you wonder how the schools figure is that high
Yes, it’s data which always useful but it has to be taken in context. Firstly, it was taken during lockdown so data on social venues is largely irrelevant, it should be 0. I can see this list popping up again on twitter when (if) we’re out of lockdown as “proof” that Covid transmission in eg pubs is very low.

Yes, it’s data which always useful but it has to be taken in context. Firstly, it was taken during lockdown so data on social venues is largely irrelevant, it should be 0. I can see this list popping up again on twitter when (if) we’re out of lockdown as “proof” that Covid transmission in eg pubs is very low.
As long as you stick to 70% proof drinks whilst in those venues I reckon we’re safe

Really sorry to hear that pal, my thoughts are with you. I’ve lost a couple of (extended) family members too but your Dad! That’s cruel.
My wife lost her Mother to Covid 6 moths ago.

It's a bitter pill to swallow. Obviously it would have been hard at any time by any means but somehow this seems all the harder. This virus is something that for some largely only exists on the news till it touches you directly as it has me.

He wasn't young but he was physically healthy for his age. Probably had years ahead of him if not for this. Somebody eats a bat in China and months later my dad dies in Scotland because of it.

I'm in the States and wont even be able to attend his funeral. If I went home I would immediately be in quarantine for two weeks. The whole thing is hard to take.

How kind of Matt to extend flu vaccinations to the over 50s well into the winter flu season. What foresight. The fact that Boots suspended bookings more than 6 weeks ago before this increased demand tells you all you need to know again about the chasm between trumpeted govt policy and its ability to implement it. They should ban the advertising of govt promises from Facebook and Google on the basis of malicious misleading of the general public.

It's a bitter pill to swallow. Obviously it would have been hard at any time by any means but somehow this seems all the harder. This virus is something that for some largely only exists on the news till it touches you directly as it has me.

He wasn't young but he was physically healthy for his age. Probably had years ahead of him if not for this. Somebody eats a bat in China and months later my dad dies in Scotland because of it.

I'm in the States and wont even be able to attend his funeral. If I went home I would immediately be in quarantine for two weeks. The whole thing is hard to take.
Sorry for your loss

So the mrs has just been told from work that the government directive, with her being a vaccination nurse, is that she should be available 7 days a week through December/January (including Christmas day, boxing day, NYE and NYD) to work 12 hour shifts delivering the vaccine.

Good job the nurses got a lovely pay rise and not just a clap every thursday

So the mrs has just been told from work that the government directive, with her being a vaccination nurse, is that she should be available 7 days a week through December/January (including Christmas day, boxing day, NYE and NYD) to work 12 hour shifts delivering the vaccine.

Good job the nurses got a lovely pay rise and not just a clap every thursday
Have they got her training all the boy scouts and firemen yet?