PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

Information coming through that the Biontech/pfizer vaccine is suffering delays. 6 EU countries are expressing serious concerns.
Guardian explainer:

Pfizer temporarily reduces vaccine deliveries to EU​

Pfizer will temporarily reduce its deliveries to Europe of its Covid vaccine while it upgrades its production capacity, the company has said.
The reduction in deliveries is reportedly due to Pfizer limiting output so that it can upgrade production capacity to 2 billion vaccine doses per year from 1.3 billion currently.
“This temporary reduction will affect all European countries,” said the the Norwegian Institute of Public Health. “It is as yet not precisely clear how long time it will take before Pfizer is up to maximum production capacity again.”
Pfizer said it had to make modifications to the process and facility that will require additional regulatory approvals, Reuters reported. “Although this will temporarily impact shipments in late January to early February, it will provide a significant increase in doses available for patients in late February and March,” it said in a statement.
Non-EU Norway is getting access to the vaccines obtained by the European bloc thanks to Sweden, an EU member that will buy more than it needs and sell them to Norway.
The institute said there would be no delays in the rollout of the vaccines to Norwegians as it had built reserves of vaccines in Norway since it had begun receiving deliveries.
Earlier, we reported that EU officials have told Reuters that some member states are receiving lower-than-expected supplies of Covid vaccines and complain in internal meetings of uncertainty over future deliveries, as distribution proceeds unevenly among EU states

Anecdotal stuff I know but Mrs Camel-Coat just reported that Blackburn hospital is full, patients are now being taken to 'other' hospitals. Awful situation. Don't know the situation at other local hospitals.:(

Anecdotal stuff I know but Mrs Camel-Coat just reported that Blackburn hospital is full, patients are now being taken to 'other' hospitals. Awful situation. Don't know the situation at other local hospitals.:(
Elective surgeries are starting to be cancelled at RPH

Blackburn has consistently been the worst of the lot since the start of this, for whatever reason. Potentially because it’s the major hospital covering all of east lancs, whereas Preston, Chorley and Blackpool can share things out

Elective surgeries are starting to be cancelled at RPH
Potentially just to ride this out. Their Covid acquired numbers are supposed to be slightly dropping which is really encouraging

Inpatient numbers with Covid are all over the place so really hard to get an accurate pattern

EryiWATXUAIUC1k

Told today that 2 people I've been in fairly close contact within the past week have tested positive. Tried ringing Preston council for a drive in appointment also trying the NHS/Gov.uk website for an at home test. For both I've got the same answer, because I don't have any symptoms I have to book a private test.

Going to isolate just incase.

Told today that 2 people I've been in fairly close contact within the past week have tested positive. Tried ringing Preston council for a drive in appointment also trying the NHS/Gov.uk website for an at home test. For both I've got the same answer, because I don't have any symptoms I have to book a private test.

If you are concerned when it asks for symptoms select other.

You could have it and be asymptomatic but anyone that you inadvertently pass it to may not be so fortunate.

Blackburn has consistently been the worst of the lot since the start of this, for whatever reason. Potentially because it’s the major hospital covering all of east lancs, whereas Preston, Chorley and Blackpool can share things out
I know somebody who had to go to hospital a couple of weeks ago for tests. His doctor told him he had to go to Blackburn but he was reluctant because of all the stuff we’ve heard about East Lancs. His doctor told him that Blackburn was in a much better state than RPH.

Anecdotal I know but I know I’d be reluctant to go to any hospital for any non urgent reason. I’ve had to do a test for my doctor and if it’s positive I will probably need further tests in hospital. It would probably be the only time I wouldn’t be too bothered about long waiting lists.

Yeah, I hope they have capacity. Hospital admissions are still rising.

If you are concerned when it asks for symptoms select other.

You could have it and be asymptomatic but anyone that you inadvertently pass it to may not be so fortunate.
Was told by the operator I had to go private. Didn't notice a select other option on the NHS site.

That was my concern, although I'm self-employed and since last Friday when I had contact with the 2 people, work is slow, I've been at home. Hence I'm going to isolate for the next week at least.

This is nuts!

What on earth is the point of the test and trace system if folk cant get tested when in contact with people whove tested positive?

This is nuts!

What on earth is the point of the test and trace system if folk cant get tested when in contact with people whove tested positive?
I've just checked and they have changed the pages to remove the other. They literally only want people who have the cough, temp or taste issues being tested even though it is now accepted that there are a huge variety of other symptoms.

Meanwhile, around here, they have just set up a centre where you can just drop in to collect a PCR test to complete at home and then return to the centre the following day.....it specifically says that it is only for those who have no symptoms. There are locations across the whole of Essex specifically to try to "catch" the asymptomatic

wonder if his Dads moving this weekend and they’ve got Pickfords going back and forward with his stuff so needs a couple of days to get sorted

Just received the following text from UK Blood and Transplant. I've got to say I'm totally gutted. Not because I resent giving something but because of dashed hopes that the plasma may have saved lives. Also the NHS have trained 1000s around the country to take plasma and invested in state of the art equipment. The staff at the Bolton centre are amazing some experienced medical professionals and some new the the NHS having lost jobs due to the crisis. They were all so positive about what they were doing. I'm gutted for them as much as anything else.😢

"Thank you for supporting plasma donation. Unfortunately initial results show plasma does not benefit patients so we have to cancel your upcoming appointment."