PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

More good news. There had been some concern expressed yesterday that antibodies weren’t recognising the South African variant

More good news. There had been some concern expressed yesterday that antibodies weren’t recognising the South African variant

Well worth a read of the whole thread.

His username rang alarm bells but a quick check of his bio soon dispelled that.

Might need my tin hat for this one, but could anybody offer reasoning why the Women's football league is still playing? As far as I can see, football below Conference level in England and Scottish Championship has been called off en masse.

The Premier and EFL, SPL etc continue supposedly to "entertain" (not doing a great job recently!) and give fans something to watch.

Not entirely sure why the Women's game continues? From a safety point of view. Seems an unnecessary risk to me taking into account the level of the game in the greater scheme of things. I am not trying to be inflammatory. Just it looks like a case of correctness ruling over being sensible.

Well worth a read of the whole thread.

His username rang alarm bells but a quick check of his bio soon dispelled that.
Yep. Follow numbers for accounts like this are usually a good sign, so it seems to be a legit moderna researcher. Biontech are meant to have their results by Thursday so hopefully be able to see if they tally up

Might need my tin hat for this one, but could anybody offer reasoning why the Women's football league is still playing? As far as I can see, football below Conference level in England and Scottish Championship has been called off en masse.

The Premier and EFL, SPL etc continue supposedly to "entertain" (not doing a great job recently!) and give fans something to watch.

Not entirely sure why the Women's game continues? From a safety point of view. Seems an unnecessary risk to me taking into account the level of the game in the greater scheme of things. I am not trying to be inflammatory. Just it looks like a case of correctness ruling over being sensible.
The 2 top leagues FAWSL and FAWC are counted as elite leagues.

They use the same protocols as in the mens game

The 2 top leagues FAWSL and FAWC arer counted as elite leagues.

Fair enough. I'd still argue they should have been postponed, as should National League in England and perhaps League Two as well. Not sure what is being gained from those leagues all playing, especially the FAWC and National Leagues.

Fair enough. I'd still argue they should have been postponed, as should National League in England and perhaps League Two as well. Not sure what is being gained from those leagues all playing, especially the FAWC and National Leagues.
I actually do agree on both of those. Rovers Ladies play in the FAWC and have had to postpone a game because of an outbreak. The FAWC is essentially a part time pro league as opposed to the fawsl being full time.

Sturgeon just does things for the sake of doing them to look like she's done it first. It is quite embarrassing at times.
Keith the horrible Sturgeon is beyond embarrassment she is only content in highlighting the independence issue. She is truly beyond comparison in her one eye' d view of the world. Even the pandemic hasn't change it. A true rabid Zealot which is always a dangerous thing in any belief

One thing to be grateful for going forward.

All those of you whos Grannies are getting vaccinated, thanks to bill Gates, when you ring them and they dont reply youll be able to connect with the nano chip and track and trace her :)

But will the vaccine manage to kick its arse on Callon or Greenlands? Tough as fuck on there!

One thing to be grateful for going forward.

All those of you whos Grannies are getting vaccinated, thanks to bill Gates, when you ring them and they dont reply youll be able to connect with the nano chip and track and trace her :)
“MUM, MUM, ITS ME. ANSWER YOUR ELBOW”

“ALEXA WHERE IS MY MUM”

Keith the horrible Sturgeon is beyond embarrassment she is only content in highlighting the independence issue. She is truly beyond comparison in her one eye' d view of the world. Even the pandemic hasn't change it. A true rabid Zealot which is always a dangerous thing in any belief
There is kind of a clue, though, in the name of the party she leads :)

There is kind of a clue, though, in the name of the party she leads :)
Indeed - it's the first line of her job description.
It's also unfair to say that independence for Scotland is the only thing she thinks about, she has done a better job IMHO on the Covid front than bungling Boris.
She's far from being my favourite politician but I'd take her over BOJO except for the independence thing - which I disagree with. Unlike most of my Brexit loving acquaintances several of whom have admitted that in their opinion Scottish Independence would be a price worth paying to 'get Brexit done. What makes me laugh is that they call themselves patriots.

Indeed - it's the first line of her job description.
It's also unfair to say that independence for Scotland is the only thing she thinks about, she has done a better job IMHO on the Covid front than bungling Boris.
She's far from being my favourite politician but I'd take her over BOJO except for the independence thing - which I disagree with. Unlike most of my Brexit loving acquaintances several of whom have admitted that in their opinion Scottish Independence would be a price worth paying to 'get Brexit done. What makes me laugh is that they call themselves patriots.

It is quite funny isn't it though. The media narrative is :

UK wanting independence from Europe is fuelled by xenophobia, racism, little England mentality, etc.
Scotland wanting independence the rest of the UK is triumphantly patriotic.

Can't have it both ways.

It is quite funny isn't it though. The media narrative is :

UK wanting independence from Europe is fuelled by xenophobia, racism, little England mentality, etc.
Scotland wanting independence the rest of the UK is triumphantly patriotic.

Can't have it both ways.
I'm not sure that is the narrative. Either way my view is that for all the faults of the union, we are better off together. That was also my view of Europe - too late now of course, for Europe and probably for the union.