PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

It's going to be really interesting to see what happens in the next 3-4 weeks. 2 week 'circuit breaker' of children not at school ends, non essential shops reopen, hospitality outdoors open etc.

I would expect cases to increase again, but hopefully not an increase in deaths and hospitalisations.

I had some side affects to my AZ vaccine that I had yesterday morning. Yesterday had a slight headache, but as the evening went on my left arm became sore, and I felt drained of energy. Struggled to sleep a lot during night, had a temperature and some really bizarre dreams when I did get to sleep. Woke up feeling like had a heavy cold, sore left arm still and still had temperature. Been drinking plenty of water and taking paracetamol. Now just have a sore left arm really.

Hopefully your symptoms have now subsided and what you describe is not unusual, particularly if the 84 in your username is your year of birth (if so we are of a similar age and I had exactly the same side effects as you describe).

While these particular blood clot events are exceptionally rare and it is extremely unlikely anyone on here will be affected, it is probably worth knowing the signs/ symptoms (rarely mentioned in the media from what I have seen), which will usually present between 4-14 days post-vaccination:
- new onset of severe headache, which is getting worse and does not respond to simple painkillers
- an unusual headache which seems worse when lying down or bending over, or may be accompanied by blurred vision, nausea and vomiting, difficulty with speech, weakness, drowsiness or seizures
- new unexplained pinprick bruising or bleeding
- shortness of breath, chest pain, leg swelling or persistent abdominal pain

With the Johnson & Johnson vaccine now also implicated in rare low platelet/ blood clot events it looks very much like the adenovirus vector technology is the issue (AZ and J&J are the only two viral vector vaccines). Possibly a consequence of the more rapid, aggressive immune response induced relative to the pure mRNA vaccines. Complete guesswork on my part, but also possible that the combination of an adenovirus vector and a coronavirus spike protein is stimulating a more aggressive and/ or broader spectrum immune response, resulting in the production of unusual antibodies (just a personal hypothesis and probably completely wrong).

Also, a decent brief overview in Nature for anyone as sad as me: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00940-0