PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

Just been reading on the BBC news that Blackburn with Darwen has now got the highest number of cases per 100,000 in the country. ( 546 cases )

In fact 17 of the Top 20 are in Lancashire or Greater Manchester ( including Preston and Chorley )

I can see a local lockdown looming......

Testing the water are they?

They were asked to provide extra vaccines and extra resources for Preston in March but said they weren’t necessary. They refused Blackburn only last week. They allowed indoor mixing to recommence.

However, hospitalisations and deaths don’t appear to be massively up in the North West. I‘m a bit confused, weren‘t we told only yesterday that the link between cases and hospitalisations had been broken?

Interesting that if you speak to the 119 or track and trace you’re told that symptoms of the common cold (such as sneezing and a runny nose) can now be signs of covid, specifically the Indian variant.

They were asked to provide extra vaccines and extra resources for Preston in March but said they weren’t necessary. They refused Blackburn only last week. They allowed indoor mixing to recommence.

However, hospitalisations and deaths don’t appear to be massively up in the North West. I‘m a bit confused, weren‘t we told only yesterday that the link between cases and hospitalisations had been broken?

Interesting that if you speak to the 119 or track and trace you’re told that symptoms of the common cold (such as sneezing and a runny nose) can now be signs of covid, specifically the Indian variant.
How very convenient, right in the middle of the hay fever season.

My son tested positive last Wednesday after feeling ill that day. Felt groggy and flu like for about 4 days then gradually better. My wife has now caught it - flu like and loss of taste. And she's had both vaccinations.
My mrs as well, H. She had her second jab weeks ago (I only had mine yesterday). Thankfully she‘s only had very mild symptoms so far. We both got tested yesterday. She was positive and me negative so I’ve locked her away until we’re out of the isolation period!😁
Hope your son and mrs make a full and speedy recovery mate 🤞🤞👍👍

Last edited:
My mrs as well, H. She had her second jab weeks ago (I only had mine yesterday). Thankfully she‘s only had very mild symptoms so far. We both got tested yesterday. She was positive and me negative so I’ve locked her away until we’re out of the isolation period!😁
Hope your son and mrs make a full and speedy recovery mate 🤞🤞👍👍
Cheers Henry, same to you. We all have to isolate til Sunday.

My son tested positive last Wednesday after feeling ill that day. Felt groggy and flu like for about 4 days then gradually better. My wife has now caught it - flu like and loss of taste. And she's had both vaccinations.
Hopefully the vaccinations have made the illness a lot less severe than it could have been. Hope she feels better soon.

Anyone noticed the amount of pub closures around Preston, Lostock Hall and Walton le Dale this last few days due to the staff getting covid infections. Could it be that now so many people have had both vaccines they're letting their guards down a bit?

Anyone noticed the amount of pub closures around Preston, Lostock Hall and Walton le Dale this last few days due to the staff getting covid infections. Could it be that now so many people have had both vaccines they're letting their guards down a bit?
Heard about 12 Tellers today and The Hunters few days ago.

I really hope that all landlords etc follow the same path. We should not lockdown for a day longer. Either the vaccine works or it doesn’t.
I do think a bit of a breaking point is coming up now. So many businesses will have been planning for June 21. The reaction will be toxic if there is a delay and I think many would just stop following the rules anyway.

Currently sat on a lounger around the hotel pool in sunny Corfu! Got here last Friday and it’s probably the most relaxing holiday we’ve ever been on! It was somewhat of a faff jumping through all the hoops before hand but having had both jabs in plenty of travel that made the need to protest for entry not needed. Worse bit thus far was Manchester airport ….the fact they funnelled everyone into the same post security scan area to collect your stuff was ludicrous! As was the attitude with regard to masks etc from the travelling brits in the Plane was great, only 59 passengers so no issues there! Corfu airport was a breeze, 30 minutes after touchdown we weee in our taxi to the airport ! Passport control wire really well organised and having got our jab certificates and completed our Greek PLF’s we sailed through! The hotel is very quite, well organised and following all the COVID procedures! No sunbed wars here! Just taken our pre departure tests (that we pre purchased and brought with us) all clear and have the emailed certificates to prove it! Just quarantine to lookforward to once home now, although, we’ve pre booked test to release so hopefully on the 5 days! Finally, we almost cancelled less than a week before we travelled but sat down weighed everything up, worked through it and decided to go! So glad we did as it’s been fantastic and after the last year we’ve had well worth the hassle. Just though I’d share our experiences for any one else possibly in the same boat!

Currently sat on a lounger around the hotel pool in sunny Corfu! Got here last Friday and it’s probably the most relaxing holiday we’ve ever been on! It was somewhat of a faff jumping through all the hoops before hand but having had both jabs in plenty of travel that made the need to protest for entry not needed. Worse bit thus far was Manchester airport ….the fact they funnelled everyone into the same post security scan area to collect your stuff was ludicrous! As was the attitude with regard to masks etc from the travelling brits in the Plane was great, only 59 passengers so no issues there! Corfu airport was a breeze, 30 minutes after touchdown we weee in our taxi to the airport ! Passport control wire really well organised and having got our jab certificates and completed our Greek PLF’s we sailed through! The hotel is very quite, well organised and following all the COVID procedures! No sunbed wars here! Just taken our pre departure tests (that we pre purchased and brought with us) all clear and have the emailed certificates to prove it! Just quarantine to lookforward to once home now, although, we’ve pre booked test to release so hopefully on the 5 days! Finally, we almost cancelled less than a week before we travelled but sat down weighed everything up, worked through it and decided to go! So glad we did as it’s been fantastic and after the last year we’ve had well worth the hassle. Just though I’d share our experiences for any one else possibly in the same boat!

Hope your airline doesn’t go bust before you get back!

Have a good do and make sure you make a toast to the health of the forum with a nice cold beer.