PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

Joined the long Q at the vac centre for the second AZ.

I just wondered what it has all come to.

We need answers. No way is this a natural virus. It’s as if we have suspicions but are far too scared to point a finger.

Bit harsh.
He has a valid point.
A bit of context would help. Despite being a tory peer for years he hasn't bothered to attend the Lords. He was one flown in just to vote for government cuts to tax credits. A cut which if I remember rightly disproportionately affected disabled people. That and being a judgemental arse born into privilege without a clue of what ordinary people lives entail.
Oh tax avoider too.
Cats!!! FFS.

Anyone noticed the amount of pub closures around Preston, Lostock Hall and Walton le Dale this last few days due to the staff getting covid infections. Could it be that now so many people have had both vaccines they're letting their guards down a bit?
Yep, some probably think they are invincible now.

Would be interesting to see the demographics of the numbers in hospital, are they mainly white or ethnic ? Young or old, vaccinated on not vaccinated?

A bit of context would help. Despite being a tory peer for years he hasn't bothered to attend the Lords. He was one flown in just to vote for government cuts to tax credits. A cut which if I remember rightly disproportionately affected disabled people. That and being a judgemental arse born into privilege without a clue of what ordinary people lives entail.
Oh tax avoider too.
Cats!!! FFS.

Evita was good though.

Would be interesting to see the demographics of the numbers in hospital, are they mainly white or ethnic ? Young or old, vaccinated on not vaccinated?

My daughter is ill with Covid as we speak.

Shes 21, white and unvaccinated.

2 more from her workplace are also ill, one is white, 22 female, another is 29 male and white.

Hope thats helpful.

At the moment there are 24 covid patients, in RPH, a rise from 4 this time last week. There are 4 in ICU a rise from 1 last week. These figures are from Tuesday.

@norky84 showed some interesting figures, that have been released, about the age demographics of those catching Covid, right now. I think the figures show that the theory that the vaccinated groups believe they are invincible holds little water.

There are also some interesting figures here about the age demographics of those catching covid.

I think its clear from norkys figures and Lawrences figures, above, that the spread is coming A) from schools, B) from the workplace and C) from younger unvaccinated people using recently re-opened hospitality.

What is also very clear from both Norkys figures and these is that the vaccination is working very well.

Anecdotally there is no way that I shouldnt have caught covid from my daughter as I have had close contact with her, whilst she was at the start of her illness several times a day. ie I take her and pick her from work in my car 20 mins there and 20 mins back. She works in a starbucks and hands me a coffee every day thats after shes handled the cup and put the plastic lid on etc.

Touch wood both my wife and I have tested negative on bi daily rapid flow tests and one PCR test also.

Edut:

Oh I forgot to mention. We all use Dido Hardings contract tracing app. Here's a picture of mine.

Screenshot_20210608-163819_NHS Covid-19.jpg

Yep nothing. That despite living in the same house as a person who has covid. I can confirm everyone else's is showing the same.

When my daughter tested positive she was asked for contact details of all of us and anyone else shed been in close contact with. Not a single person has been contacted.

Last edited:

2 more from her workplace are also ill, one is white, 22 female, another is 29 male and white.

Hope thats helpful.

At the moment there are 24 covid patients, in RPH, a rise from 4 this time last week. There are 4 in ICU a rise from 1 last week. These figures are from Tuesday.

@norky84 showed some interesting figures, that have been released, about the age demographics of those catching Covid, right now. I think the figures show that the theory that the vaccinated groups believe they are invincible holds little water.

There are also some interesting figures here about the age demographics of those catching covid.

I think its clear from norkys figures and Lawrences figures, above, that the spread is coming A) from schools, B) from the workplace and C) from younger unvaccinated people using recently re-opened hospitality.

What is also very clear from both Norkys figures and these is that the vaccination is working very well.

Anecdotally there is no way that I shouldnt have caught covid from my daughter as I have had close contact with her, whilst she was at the start of her illness several times a day. ie I take her and pick her from work in my car 20 mins there and 20 mins back. She works in a starbucks and hands me a coffee every day thats after shes handled the cup and put the plastic lid on etc.

Touch wood both my wife and I have tested negative on bi daily rapid flow tests and one PCR test also.

Edut:

Oh I forgot to mention. We all use Dido Hardings contract tracing app. Here's a picture of mine.

View attachment 3846

Yep nothing. That despite living in the same house as a person who has covid. I can confirm everyone else's is showing the same.

When my daughter tested positive she was asked for contact details of all of us and anyone else shed been in close contact with. Not a single person has been contacted.

Hope your Daughter recovers quickly and fully, and you and the family stay safe as well.

Hope thats helpful.

Edut:

View attachment 3846

has she been infected with the new Beta strain? is this something that is made known to individuals?

I presume both you and Mrs raefil are both double jabbed, as I presume your other daughter is also.

Although your daughter being ill is not nice, the in-house situation gives us all hope that things work.

Oh
Hope your Daughter recovers quickly and fully, and you and the family stay safe as well.
thanks Norky, relatively mild symptons, cough, had a bit of struggle with breathing one night, headache lost all taste and smell but that is now returning. She just did another rapid flow test but thats showing only a very faint positive line compared to her last one.

198226892_968238950629309_7783234424547062718_n.jpg

The one on top is the one she took after 3 days of feeling unwell, the other is todays

has she been infected with the new Beta strain? is this something that is made known to individuals?

I presume both you and Mrs raefil are both double jabbed, as I presume your other daughter is also.

Although your daughter being ill is not nice, the in-house situation gives us all hope that things work.
No info on which strain has been given. Yes myself and wife have both had both Jabs, the other daughter has bought her own place but has had very close contact, ie they did each others eyebrows, whatever that means :) So she has also had to work from home for the pat week until next weds.

No info on which strain has been given. Yes myself and wife have both had both Jabs, the other daughter has bought her own place but has had very close contact, ie they did each others eyebrows, whatever that means :) So she has also had to work from home for the pat week until next weds.
Good news.

Glad she is on the mend.

I will buy my coffee from a different Starbucks for a while.

I know somebody who has had the new strain, he was given that info last week two days after the test.

Hope your daughter's OK.

Oh

thanks Norky, relatively mild symptons, cough, had a bit of struggle with breathing one night, headache lost all taste and smell but that is now returning. She just did another rapid flow test but thats showing only a very faint positive line compared to her last one.

198226892_968238950629309_7783234424547062718_n.jpg

The one on top is the one she took after 3 days of feeling unwell, the other is todays
That's interesting to know that at different stages of the infection the bottom line can be different.