PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

Macron has essentially said, he won’t let Anyone who declines a vaccine dictate the freedoms and liberties of those who have been vaccinated. They are introducing a system that pretty much puts the non vaccinated back into their own lockdown. He’s also apparently advised anyone working in health care who declines the vaccine will be suspended from September until they get it.
I saw that last night and today the Twitter account that started the story has been suspended - because the translation was incorrect and totally misleading.

No. It was mentioned on GB News.
btw, do you watch GB news much? If yes, I’d be interested what you think of it. I’ve watched 5 mins here and there, and from what I’ve seen it isn’t that different from Sky and BBC TV news, just a lot of people I’ve never heard of offering their opinions. GB News does seem to be aiming at a younger audience though.

btw, do you watch GB news much? If yes, I’d be interested what you think of it. I’ve watched 5 mins here and there, and from what I’ve seen it isn’t that different from Sky and BBC TV news, just a lot of people I’ve never heard of offering their opinions. GB News does seem to be aiming at a younger audience though.
I tend to watch Dan Wooton from 9pm onwards if there’s nothing else worth watching. It’s more of a debate programme. They seem to offer differing viewpoints from the mainstream news channels.

I tend to watch Dan Wooton from 9pm onwards if there’s nothing else worth watching. It’s more of a debate programme. They seem to offer differing viewpoints from the mainstream news channels.
OK, I’ll give it a go when I get the chance. Though, I don’t usually watch TV at that time of night unless there’s something specific on, usually sport. The T20 last night was a great match. 🙂

GB News was set up to offer a right wing news channel to move us towards the polarisation of tv news media a la the USA, despite Andrew Neil's recent denials that it was trying to be the UK's version of Fox News.

Apart from Neil, the other leading light in setting up GB News was Robbie Gibb, another well-known Tory (he's been a political advisor and campaigns manager in the past even before becoming Teresa May's PR guy at 10 Downing Street).

Gibb is the brother of long-term Schools Minister Nick Gibb. When younger, both brothers joined and "received training" from a Russian anti-communist organisation now linked to many far right political groups in Russia. A key focus of this group is fighting the culture supported by regimes and organisations they oppose.

This is important when considering what both brothers have been doing in the last decade: Nick has been Minister for Schools for almost 10 out of the last 11 years); whilst Robbie worked in the media, and was in charge of the BBC's news agenda for key parts of that time, including election debates and wider coverage. Having seen Teresa May get elected he then went to openly work for her.

Robbie Gibb left GB News before it started broadcasting, but after it had received its licence to broadcast from Ofcom. He was recently appointed the the Board of the BBC as the supposedly independent representative for England. I believe that this was the reason that he left GB News. Under Boris, the neutral BBC now has a former Tory election candidate as Director General, a Tory donor as Chair of the Board, and now Gibb as a Board member.

I believe that GB News have offered a job to that well known impartial news journalist Nigel Farage. This isn't a "normal" British news channel that will try to be neutral; it is a right wing political project to close people's minds and to promote "culture wars".

GB News was set up to offer a right wing news channel to move us towards the polarisation of tv news media a la the USA, despite Andrew Neil's recent denials that it was trying to be the UK's version of Fox News.

Apart from Neil, the other leading light in setting up GB News was Robbie Gibb, another well-known Tory (he's been a political advisor and campaigns manager in the past even before becoming Teresa May's PR guy at 10 Downing Street).

Gibb is the brother of long-term Schools Minister Nick Gibb. When younger, both brothers joined and "received training" from a Russian anti-communist organisation now linked to many far right political groups in Russia. A key focus of this group is fighting the culture supported by regimes and organisations they oppose.

This is important when considering what both brothers have been doing in the last decade: Nick has been Minister for Schools for almost 10 out of the last 11 years); whilst Robbie worked in the media, and was in charge of the BBC's news agenda for key parts of that time, including election debates and wider coverage. Having seen Teresa May get elected he then went to openly work for her.

Robbie Gibb left GB News before it started broadcasting, but after it had received its licence to broadcast from Ofcom. He was recently appointed the the Board of the BBC as the supposedly independent representative for England. I believe that this was the reason that he left GB News. Under Boris, the neutral BBC now has a former Tory election candidate as Director General, a Tory donor as Chair of the Board, and now Gibb as a Board member.

I believe that GB News have offered a job to that well known impartial news journalist Nigel Farage. This isn't a "normal" British news channel that will try to be neutral; it is a right wing political project to close people's minds and to promote "culture wars".
Anybody else just picturing this?
1626965152179.png

Last edited by a moderator: