PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

Yep got an autoimmune diseases I have two (you usually find that is the case) coeliac and Raynaud’s possibly dermatitis herpetiformis as well which is linked to coeliac, but the dermatitis bit is only mild thank god And only manifests itself if I get Glutened.

I've got Raynauds too and when the temperature drops it's a real pain in the arse. I don't bother with treatment, just put my hands under a warm tap for a while. ... Apparently it is very common in pregnant women............ If I give birth I'll let you know. :)

So it has taken until September 2021 but I now have tested positive for COVID, along with the wife and children. No symptoms on the kids. Wife has mildly high temperature, aching and restless. I'm sweating it and have a headache, but not bed-ridden. Fingers crossed this is the peak.
Good luck to you and your family keith are you double jabbed etc?

I've got Raynauds too and when the temperature drops it's a real pain in the arse. I don't bother with treatment, just put my hands under a warm tap for a while. ... Apparently it is very common in pregnant women............ If I give birth I'll let you know. :)

Didn’t know Raynauds is autoimmune.

Didn’t know Raynauds is autoimmune.

I've no idea Reg... I had to google " autoimmune " to be honest........ I know I've got it though and it's a real pain in the backside when the temperature drops........... Hands go completely white and numb, can't feel a thing and can't even tie a shoelace. I drive a forktruck at times and imagine that with hands that can't feel a bloody thing ( or the buttons you are supposed to be pressing )....

Kids are 4 and 1, they are happy as Larry. Struggling to keep up with them whilst feeling like shite!

Sadly I am not double jabbed I have kept putting it off....
My advice would be to take plenty of Vit D drink lots of water. This sounds bizarre but gargle listerine or mouthwash three times per day. Whatever I sincerely hope u and family are fine. Keep us updated if well enough.

I've no idea Reg... I had to google " autoimmune " to be honest........ I know I've got it though and it's a real pain in the backside when the temperature drops........... Hands go completely white and numb, can't feel a thing and can't even tie a shoelace. I drive a forktruck at times and imagine that with hands that can't feel a bloody thing ( or the buttons you are supposed to be pressing )....
I've always got very cold hands and numbness that sounds similar to you in cold spells (sometimes it doesn't have to be particularly cold) though I haven't had a diagnosis.
Have, on occasions , needed help turning my key in the door which is a bit embarrassing!

I've always got very cold hands and numbness that sounds similar to you in cold spells (sometimes it doesn't have to be particularly cold) though I haven't had a diagnosis.
Have, on occasions , needed help turning my key in the door which is a bit embarrassing!

No it doesn't, me neither ( or what the layman would class as cold )... I'd have a chat with your GP though just in case it's something else or something underlying ...... Had mine for over 20 years so past caring and just put up with it. Workmates are fascinated with the colour of my hands in winter. ;)

It's no real surprise that the data, and now our lived experience, is taking us towards an endemic flu scenario.

Right from day 1, people tried to make the comparison with influenza but were generally accused of being distasteful or disrespecting the power of the virus to cause harm. But I think that was generally more to do with the discussion of whether covid was more or transmissible than flu. Or more or less deadly than flu. (Or simply denying it altogether.)

People didn't like those comparisons, in case it turned out to be a world-ender.

At that point we just didn't know.

But the comparison was still entirely valid from a biological perspective. We're now seeing us converge asymptotically towards the flu state. Can't banish it. Can't stop it spreading. It's a respiratory virus.

Still plenty to learn, but one thing I'd like to see is antibody testing on the entire population, in a single 24 hour period. (Yes, I know). Build a picture of our current immunity across the different variants, the effects of the vaccine, the basal population immune state.

To shed some light on what avalanche might lie ahead, or not.
There does seem to be a lot more seasonal illnesses cropping up, now.

People are ill, yes, and will continue to become ill. The vaccine increases chance of survival massively, so we need to keep pushing the economy forward and get out of this. Hope @raefil is getting better, of course.

Kids are 4 and 1, they are happy as Larry. Struggling to keep up with them whilst feeling like shite!

Sadly I am not double jabbed I have kept putting it off....
Do you think you’ll still get jabbed once recovered? Stop this happening again in the future? Or just take the risk on exposed immunity?

Want to re-visit this, to test our collective recall. Nothing to do with conspiracy theory.

If nobody caught a cold for a year, and seasonal flu was almost non-existent (i.e. everyone staying away and not sharing their germs) how did covid spread?
It spread because of the people who thought it was a fake virus and carried on as normal behind closed doors, and by people who went to work with symptoms because they could not afford to be off. And because of people like that tit from Bolton who got off a plane and should have isolated but instead went straight to the pub and infected a load of people

Since I have been gluten free I have not had it half as bad went all winter last couple of years not having to wear gloves all the time.

Your fingers look like they belong on a corpse don’t they 🤣

Thanks but I'm too bloody old for researching what glutton is and how to avoid it... :)
Going gluten-free is not the traumatic task it was even 10 years ago. It’s something you can do for a few weeks and see if you feel better. Some people see no difference - but a few people find that various discomforts disappear- even ones they didn’t realise they suffered from. until they’d gone.

Going gluten-free is not the traumatic task it was even 10 years ago. It’s something you can do for a few weeks and see if you feel better. Some people see no difference - but a few people find that various discomforts disappear- even ones they didn’t realise they suffered from. until they’d gone.

Tell me what it is and I'll tell you if I want to live an extra 6 months.... We all put up with our aches and pains but some go to the quacks with every sniffle................ Sorry, not being antagonistic but those that frequent waiting rooms in hospitals and doctors with trivial matters drive me nuts...........

I
Tell me what it is and I'll tell you if I want to live an extra 6 months.... We all put up with our aches and pains but some go to the quacks with every sniffle................ Sorry, not being antagonistic but those that frequent waiting rooms in hospitals and doctors with trivial matters drive me nuts...........

IMO - this is not about living a single day longer - it’s about removing aches and pains, and sometimes fatigue and othe symptoms - so that the days you do live are far mor enjoyed

Gluten is found in some grains, with wheat being the biggie. So you need to ensure that you choose bread, pastry, biscuits etc are made with the right ones. It’s a pain at first- grabbing a sandwich or butter pie from the shop isn’t quite so straight forward - but IMO, well worth trying it for a month and see if it changes your life.

Rice is fine, potatoes, veg, meat, eggs dairy.

There’s more to say - but that’s the flavour of it.