PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

On gluten free I saw a programme the other day that said eating gluten free foods when you don’t need to is bad for you because of the stuff that they put in to mimic gluten.
I avoid it get bread when I’m feeling lazy and cereal and pasta, but after that not much, it’s full of sugar and fat.

If it was to be the case that individually children on balance are more at risk of taking the vaccine than not, where does the law stand if a parent coerces a 12 year old against their will to have the jab. And what if that child died. Seems a slippery slope to me.
Yep. The experts describing ‘marginal gains’.
Government description ‘strong evidence in support’

🧐

Wonder if it's a good idea to have a seperate Covid Support thread seen as it's endemic and we all likely to get it?
Already is one in Off Topic so feel free to add any experience/support. Think there was also a specific Preston “corona forum” posted a while back but not sure if that is still active

18th August since I first tested positive. Felt ill 2 or 3 days before that though
Hopefully it's just your body recovering then but obviously if it goes on I'd keep an eye on it.
Already is one in Off Topic so feel free to add any experience/support. Think there was also a specific Preston “corona forum” posted a while back but not sure if that is still active

Thanks Jake had no idea

Ll
Yep. The experts describing ‘marginal gains’.
Government description ‘strong evidence in support’

🧐

Bizarre that Javid has asked for a reassessment to take account of social and educational negatives of not being vaccinated. Those negatives are not risk to life considerations. They are of no relevance to a child who may have a fatal outcome from the vaccine. If this issue was the other way round and about the elderly and not children, then there's no way they would be advising vaccination.

Yesterday
Unsurprising. The government just do what they want. Follow the science when it suits them, ignore it when it doesn't. A seriously massive case of confirmation bias always. Just cherry pick trends and statistics that back up your already held view. Same with climate change. And it does absolutely no good to anybody.

Ll

Bizarre that Javid has asked for a reassessment to take account of social and educational negatives of not being vaccinated. Those negatives are not risk to life considerations. They are of no relevance to a child who may have a fatal outcome from the vaccine. If this issue was the other way round and about the elderly and not children, then there's no way they would be advising vaccination.
Here in Spain, theyve been vaccinating the 12-17 year olds like it's going out of fashion, with the aim of getting as many kids as possible jabbed before school starts again in a week or two

Ll

Marginal gains are also based on a crude average which means that for a significant number of kids there will be no gain and perhaps slightly increased risk.

Here in Spain, theyve been vaccinating the 12-17 year olds like it's going out of fashion, with the aim of getting as many kids as possible jabbed before school starts again in a week or two
Not sure how they justify it…
Because vaccination reduces transmission?
Do me a favour!

Not sure how they justify it…
Because vaccination reduces transmission?
Do me a favour!
Their argument seems to be that the fewer kids that get it the better for overall transmission as the more people that are infected, the more it'll circulate. Currently in Andalucia the 14 day rate of infections is 194/100k. Among the 12-19 age group it's 315/100k. They may be right; they may not. Only time will tell. Theyve certainly managed to bring infection rates down quite quickly. When I arrived in Spain 4 weeks ago, the rate in Andalucia was c600/100k over 14 days.

On whether vaccines reduce transmission etc. It’s a bit like something I saw years ago about seatbelts in vehicles.

The theory was that place a long metal spike on the steering wheel at chest height would reduce accidents and therefore deaths.

In other words those with the vaccine are more likely to behave casually with regards to transmission.

On whether vaccines reduce transmission etc. It’s a bit like something I saw years ago about seatbelts in vehicles.

The theory was that place a long metal spike on the steering wheel at chest height would reduce accidents and therefore deaths.

In other words those with the vaccine are more likely to behave casually with regards to transmission.
I haven behaved casually with regards to transmission.

One of mine caught it t a nightclub that the govt said they are safe to go to and rought it home.

I haven behaved casually with regards to transmission.

One of mine caught it t a nightclub that the govt said they are safe to go to and rought it home.

Safe till the end of September isn't it then they become dangerous again to the unvaccinated. The wizarding world of politics

Must admit my wife's a Consultant Paed and agrees with JVCI and the Chairman of JVCI said given the choice he wouldn't vaccinate his healthy teen looks like my 12 year old might remain unvaccinated. 🤔🤔

Not entirely unrelated but my wife reckons flu jab delays will end up a disaster for the UK.
The nation's not being governed. Theyve just been chasing the one Covid vaccine ball and we're now at the mercy of market supply and demand. Those that can pay will be Ok.

Not entirely unrelated but my wife reckons flu jab delays will end up a disaster for the UK.
I would highly recommend anyone who wants one to book in with your pharmacy. Every year my GP has had surgeries and appointments after I've already had mine at Boots and it seems this year they’re going to be delayed again.

The nation's not being governed. Theyve just been chasing the one Covid vaccine ball and we're now at the mercy of market supply and demand. Those that can pay will be Ok.
Must be at least a week since I’ve last seen any sort of interview on any issue with Boris

He’s apparently in the West Country with his family - but he’s definitely not on holiday…