PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

I had to go out today and get a train into Central London, went with the missus and set off midday. Only been out on public transport one other time in the last 6 months.

I have been avoiding crowds and public transport, and virtually shielding for the last 18 months, so midday was ok, not many people on the train, I got delayed at the hospital and was there much longer than expected, so came back much later than anticipated.

The train journey back was crowded, people without face coverings, the stations, Waterloo, London Bridge packed with crowds just ignoring rules, as if Covid didn't exist. It was like a normal rush-hour in London, with the only difference some people were making an effort and wearing face coverings. The tannoys and the intercoms on the trains broadcast please wear a mask at all times, yet people ignored the rules.

No wonder infection rate is going up, I hope that this doesn't mean that that winter will see increases out of control and the NHS overwhelmed yet again and hospital appointments cancelled.

I had to go out today and get a train into Central London, went with the missus and set off midday. Only been out on public transport one other time in the last 6 months.

I have been avoiding crowds and public transport, and virtually shielding for the last 18 months, so midday was ok, not many people on the train, I got delayed at the hospital and was there much longer than expected, so came back much later than anticipated.

The train journey back was crowded, people without face coverings, the stations, Waterloo, London Bridge packed with crowds just ignoring rules, as if Covid didn't exist. It was like a normal rush-hour in London, with the only difference some people were making an effort and wearing face coverings. The tannoys and the intercoms on the trains broadcast please wear a mask at all times, yet people ignored the rules.

No wonder infection rate is going up, I hope that this doesn't mean that that winter will see increases out of control and the NHS overwhelmed yet again and hospital appointments cancelled.
Selfish gits.

Hey up!! Lets sprinkle a bit of HIV in for good measure :)

FE-fhlcWYAEVM3V

Must be itching to label it the gay variant to get their readers gander up.

They must be making that up. They wouldn't say where it's come from these days would they, they'd just call it [Greek Letter] Variant.

I still use Peking and Eboracum, meme.
Peking, that reminds me of a prank we used to play when we were kids, we used to stick our heads through the door of the local Chinese takeaway (Peking Inn) until the woman behind the counter shouted to us " What on earth do you want "
I used to shout back "nothing I'm just peeking in" then we'd run off.

Peking, that reminds me of a prank we used to play when we were kids, we used to stick our heads through the door of the local Chinese takeaway (Peking Inn) until the woman behind the counter shouted to us " What on earth do you want "

We used to phone random numbers and ask for Mr Wall. (Sorry - no Mr Wall here.)

Mrs Wall? (Sorry no Mrs Wall here)

So there's no walls in your house?

No.

So how does the roof stay up?

(Hang up)

Let me guess, when she threw something at you you'd peking duck?