PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

Off to Ibiza in a few days, juggling with wether to wear a mask on the plane, probably be ok without seeing as I’ve just shaken off my second bout of covid. Lots of people picking it up at the mo. Must be that new variant.
The mayor of Ibiza sighs and prepares for the imminent lockdown that is going to start in the next couple of days. preventing all travel into the island :D

Best of luck, though - hope you get there in one piece and enjoy a well-earned break.

The mayor of Ibiza sighs and prepares for the imminent lockdown that is going to start in the next couple of days. preventing all travel into the island :D

Best of luck, though - hope you get there in one piece and enjoy a well-earned break.
Who knows lol mayor of Ibiza might see this post and lockdown announced soon. 😃

Sore throat, aches/shivers, cough, headache and absolutely knackered all the time. Im sure I'll be right as rain soon. I blame the great unwashed on the ferry from Spain. Mrs E is testing negative at the moment and Im staying out of her way
They were exactly the symptoms that I had in June when I last had COVID ….

Sore throat, Shivers and Tiredness were the main symptoms….

Sore throat, aches/shivers, cough, headache and absolutely knackered all the time.
Had the same symptoms, with some gastric issues, passed after 3 or 4 days. Do you have a strange aftertaste/smell that comes from the back of the throat when you eat or drink? Had that for about a month afterwards, found it quite bizarre.

Speedy recovery, Essex.

Had the same symptoms, with some gastric issues, passed after 3 or 4 days. Do you have a strange aftertaste/smell that comes from the back of the throat when you eat or drink? Had that for about a month afterwards, found it quite bizarre.

Speedy recovery, Essex.
Cheers. No issues re aftertaste (so far). Tbh, if I didnt know Covid was around Id think I had a flu like heavy cold. I tested as soon as I got home last night and the line appeared pdq. On the plus side, Im getting more sympathy than I usually get when Im under the weather!!

They were exactly the symptoms that I had in June when I last had COVID ….

Sore throat, Shivers and Tiredness were the main symptoms….
I mowed the lawns this afternoon and I was absolutely buggered as soon as I finished and had to take to my bed (well the bed Ive now been allocated until the plague passes)

Sore throat, aches/shivers, cough, headache and absolutely knackered all the time. Im sure I'll be right as rain soon. I blame the great unwashed on the ferry from Spain. Mrs E is testing negative at the moment and Im staying out of her way
I did feel washed out a few days before I tested positive, with aching legs, but put that down to working on the house and allotment. Highest temperature was 37.4 I painted two rooms and two doors out of boredom.
hope you are better soon👍

Speedy recovery, Essex.
Oddly I had tested negative a few times but then got this odd taste I got with BA2 and knew straight away .Tested bright red quite quickly .

Oddly I had tested negative a few times but then got this odd taste I got with BA2 and knew straight away .Tested bright red quite quickly .
Is this the new variant? I was wondering, as my lateral flow test behaved so differently. Plus I tested positive one morning and by 7pm the test was clear. Weird.

Is this the new variant? I was wondering, as my lateral flow test behaved so differently. Plus I tested positive one morning and by 7pm the test was clear. Weird.
I think it is probably BA5 that being dominant in UK at moment but obviously because they don't sequence the same (individually ) anymore I'm not entirely sure .I know there's a few others floating around but they haven't taken off in the UK .I've found the NHS lat flows pretty dicey in that the line is very light much better are flow flex from Pharmacy which are much more sensitive and turn bright pink if positive early in disease .

I think it is probably BA5 that being dominant in UK at moment but obviously because they don't sequence the same (individually ) anymore I'm not entirely sure .I know there's a few others floating around but they haven't taken off in the UK .I've found the NHS lat flows pretty dicey in that the line is very light much better are flow flex from Pharmacy which are much more sensitive and turn bright pink if positive early in disease .
£4.50 for five isn't bad.