PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

This study is gaining alot of traction from scientists on Twitter .To be frank the paper is way too technical for me to understand .But in Layman's terms it's a probability Covid 19 was man made šŸ˜±

Confirms what some people suspected a good year or two ago.

This study is gaining alot of traction from scientists on Twitter .To be frank the paper is way too technical for me to understand .But in Layman's terms it's a probability Covid 19 was man made šŸ˜±
They saying itā€™s man made?

Very interesting, thanks - I took a look although it is pretty complex. I could follow the processes they were talking about to manufacture genome sequences, but the analysis and statistics were beyond me.

Important to note that it is only a preprint and, therefore, not peer reviewed. The authors also noted their limitations, so any conclusions need to be treated with caution. But, as the authors say themselves in the Twitter thread, they would welcome more research and challenges to their findings. I think that is what the paper is intended to do - not a 'smoking gun,' but a signpost saying we really should be looking into this a lot more. And we should - if there is any truth and this links back to the Gain of Function research funding that Fauci denied, it will be a medical scandal far bigger than Thalidomide, HIV-infected blood, or Tuskegee.

A lot of top scientists fired for verbalising back then .Good job I'm not a conspiracy theorist or I might think Pfizer or Moderna in the lab šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
:ROFLMAO:

A lot of truth in that, though - once certain views were sidelined and alternative theories and explanations closed down, we ceased 'following science.'

So if itā€™s man made or a clone of a virus already out there, created in a lab, how the hell did it get out? Has one of the animals escaped? Has someone got infected and carried it out? Or has that lab at wuhan messed up and allowed it to escape? are these the scenarios that we are looking at?

So if itā€™s man made or a clone of a virus already out there, created in a lab, how the hell did it get out? Has one of the animals escaped? Has someone got infected and carried it out? Or has that lab at wuhan messed up and allowed it to escape? are these the scenarios that we are looking at?
Someone on tv the other day said the lab had enhanced it to be more transmissible so they could experiment on human respiratory cells. He believed one of the lab workers contracted it and was part of a Majong gambling ring in Wuhan and it escaped that way.

Someone on tv the other day said the lab had enhanced it to be more transmissible so they could experiment on human respiratory cells. He believed one of the lab workers contracted it and was part of a Majong gambling ring in Wuhan and it escaped that way.
So nothing to do with that market?

A very interesting read - it suggests that a laboratory leak is the most likely origin and that we shouldn't assume that the zoonotic origin is the default theory without further evidence.

It isn't a peer reviewed scientific paper, of course, and I have no idea if there is any political interference behind the report or if data was picked to suit an agenda, so it certainly isn't a slam dunk. Some have challenged it:

However, it is something to add to the growing number of challenges to the narrative, with a growing number of scientists, journalists, and politicians asking questions that should have been asked a long time ago, but 'no debate' was the default.

Flipping heck everyone in my family poorly with chesty cough ,cold not Covid but horrible virus .Merry Christmas šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø
Weā€™ve talked on here before about the horrible virus that was around at Christmas 2019 and debated whether or not it could have been covid. Iā€™ve had this current virus thatā€™s doing the rounds and the similarities with Christmas 2019 are uncanny - itā€™s exactly the same, in particular the horrible cough that made me feel like I was choking. Itā€™s taken 3 weeks but Iā€™m more or less there.

Hope youā€™re all feeling better soon.

Not been following it for a bit. So Everyman and his dog who thought it was from that lab where right, and all the deniers who say it doesnā€™t exist are wrong?
And so it continues. The more we 'know', the less we can be sure of the 'truth'. Monkdom might be the only way to retain a degree of sanity