PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This Season or Next ?

In an ideal world Derby would have been relegated this season and points deduction applied next season whilst in league one. Such a shame Cardiff ruined that possibility.

Won't happen this season as Derby will appeal any punishment and EFL won't want anything causing next season to be delayed. I imagine it'll probably be a fine and a suspended points deduction.
This is after appeal I believe and the "punishment" will be handed down by the Independent Appeal Panel who themselves are awaiting some more outstanding info from Derby before letting EFL punish Derby. The EFL have said that they want to apply any punishment before the end of the payoffs

I believe this was "on appeal" and the EFL are trying to get the punishment sorted for this season.

The problem is that the penalty is not imposed by the EFL. It has been referred back to the "independent panel" that originally decided that they hadn't breached the rules. The efl and Derby will both submit their cases stating what they believe the penalty should be. The panel makes a decision, and then both Derby and the efl have a further right of appeal on the penalty.

I suspect this has been in the pipeline before the end of the season but not made public until now . That way any points deduction (if they are) can be applied to next season. Typical of football to look after the bigger clubs .

Absolutely MUST be this season and if they bottle it then pressure should be applied to the EFL by fans of every other club. Wycombe deserve their place in the Championship & why should Sheffield Wednesday be punished and relegated this season and Derby not?
If I recall correctly, last season one panel deducted Wigan points immediately, while a different panel suspended Sheffield Wednesday's points until this season. Otherwise Sheffield Wednesday would have been relegated last season.

My son is excited that Derby have been found guilty on appeal of breaching finance rules and a punishment will be announced 'shortly'.

I dont know the details but he says Sky sports has the story.....and points deductions are one option for sanctions....

Question is..... do we want a points deduction to apply 'this season' and save Wycombe OR next season and start them on minus points ?
Next season.....

It will make our survival job easier from the off..

The timing seems strange. Surely the appeal decision was made prior to the season ending. My view is deduct them 2 points this season to relegate them and deduct them 10 points for next season.
What a great “ win-win “ for all Derby haters that would be.......

This season.
Get the potato head and team of cheats relegated.
( BUT they are WRDC and a MASSIVE club, unlike plucky little Wycombe)

The timing seems strange. Surely the appeal decision was made prior to the season ending. My view is deduct them 2 points this season to relegate them and deduct them 10 points for next season.
The case has been ongoing since 2020 and relates to 3 years of accounts from about 2015 - 2018.
The delay was because of different cases brought by Middlesboro and the EFL which needed to be decided first.
Derby were then found 'not guilty' but the EFL appealled and an independent panel has found them guilty of 1 breach out of the 2 original charges.

Derby have also been ordered to pay Richard Keogh £2.3m compo for unfair dismissal for the tree vrs car match....

Thats another £2.3m they havent got to not pay their players......

I think everyone felt it wrong that the guy 'not driving' and whose injuries ruled him out for a season was sacked, but the two drivers, who were still fit to play, were kept on.......even if only Tom Lawrence is still there.... justice I call this fine !!

Derby have also been ordered to pay Richard Keogh £2.3m compo for unfair dismissal for the tree vrs car match....

Thats another £2.3m they havent got to not pay their players......

I think everyone felt it wrong that the guy 'not driving' and whose injuries ruled him out for a season was sacked, but the two drivers, who were still fit to play, were kept on.......even if only Tom Lawrence is still there.... justice I call this fine !!
Maybe they can borrow it from the big loan that the EFL have arranged. Then the rest of us can pay for it when they default. :rolleyes:

Next season. I think the points deduction is always more damaging than the actual number deducted - does something mentally to any team. Let the agony last longer - akin to water torture i suspect

If I recall correctly, last season one panel deducted Wigan points immediately, while a different panel suspended Sheffield Wednesday's points until this season. Otherwise Sheffield Wednesday would have been relegated last season.
Wigan’s deduction was automatic as soon as they went into administration, there was no case to be heard. Wednesdays was decided by an independent panel which involves legal representatio, exchange of evidence and right of appeal.

The case has been ongoing since 2020 and relates to 3 years of accounts from about 2015 - 2018.
The delay was because of different cases brought by Middlesboro and the EFL which needed to be decided first.
Derby were then found 'not guilty' but the EFL appealled and an independent panel has found them guilty of 1 breach out of the 2 original charges.
It concerns their accounting policy on amortising players contracts. they assigned a residual value to players rather than writing them down to nil over the length of the contract as everyone else does, hence reducing their reported losses.

The media generally are reporting it as a possible points deduction next season.
Derby cannot appeal against the misconduct charge but they can challenge any sanctions which may follow.
This guy Alonso seems a right idiot. It was revealed yesterday that a lavish home which was supposedly his property actually belonged to an American estate agent. I hope the EFL do a proper due diligence review on him!

Next season, without doubt. Far better for PNE. What’s the point in being vindictive when we can have a big advantage next season?
I cant see how this is related to PNE? This is about justice and doing the right thing. Derby should have the same punishment as Sheffield Wednesday this season & pay the ultimate price. They have been skating on thin ice with dubious practices for some time now

I cant see how this is related to PNE? This is about justice and doing the right thing. Derby should have the same punishment as Sheffield Wednesday this season & pay the ultimate price. They have been skating on thin ice with dubious practices for some time now
I think a substantial points deduction pretty much relegates Derby next season anyway so it’s one less team to worry about. And the 3 that went down this season to varying degrees all deserved to be relegated anyway.

The worst outcome would be if they get a token 6 point deduction for next year which would be a cop out.