This week in tory run Britain

truenorthender

Advisor to the Owner
I am actually not a fan of a lot of the shit that has been thrown at Trump - apart from anything else, exaggerating and making things up mean that he can claim 'fake news' even when an accusation is true. People stop listening after a while if the attacks are relentless.

For the same reason, I didn't care for the impeachment attempts - better to make a strong case against him, develop some good policies, and allow the US people to vote him out at the next election.

I don't like Trump, but made my own assessment (not via CNN!).

Can't stand Hillary, either - she is a warmonger who wreaked havoc in this part of the world. No time for her and her sense of self-entitlement.
Pretty much how I feel about it all. When I mention CNN I'm taking about the American masses and how they can be fed bullshit of mainstream media and believe every word. That's where all the fake news came from. I seen some ridiculous false headlines about trump covering the screen whilst news about hundreds of people dying floats across on a tiny bar at the bottom of the screen. All seemingly in unison(the news stations barring fox). Some bad bad people didn't want trump to be elected.. probably with him being rich enough to not take money for favours

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
After doing a risk assesment its been decided that a Bridge from Scotland to Ireland is way too risky. If Scotland declares indeppendance it buggers the whole thing up. So Boris has now drawn up new plans.

I know the notion of a pointless bridge is ludicrous but on a more serious note it does remind me of todays decission to go ahead with HS2 with the second phase ( The Norvern bit ) being subject to review even though Boris states that the whole project is essential to improved cross country services in the Norf ( the Country needs a rail spine he said).................... You couldn't script write this shit.

And where's Dominic when you need him?..He's anti HS2.

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
Is this a joke or serious? The road infrastructure from whitehaven to the M6 has a grand total of about 2% chance of handling the traffic. Would require a new dual carriageway being built right through the lake district.

Don't worry Paddy, Essex will be along shortly to tell you how he had a lengthy lunch with an expert mate and had his whole view on the subject reversed. :D

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
I know the notion of a pointless bridge is ludicrous but on a more serious note it does remind me of todays decission to go ahead with HS2 with the second phase ( The Norvern bit ) being subject to review even though Boris states that the whole project is essential to improved cross country services in the Norf ( the Country needs a rail spine he said).................... You couldn't script write this shit.

am sure Dominic won’t be far away

322E845F-4837-45C3-8A00-9B2007A357DB.jpeg

Sepp Blatter

Goat Molester
Patron
Pretty much how I feel about it all. When I mention CNN I'm taking about the American masses and how they can be fed bullshit of mainstream media and believe every word. That's where all the fake news came from. I seen some ridiculous false headlines about trump covering the screen whilst news about hundreds of people dying floats across on a tiny bar at the bottom of the screen. All seemingly in unison(the news stations barring fox). Some bad bad people didn't want trump to be elected.. probably with him being rich enough to not take money for favours
Although I try to watch a range of news sources, I gave up on CNN a long time ago - it has become unwatchable and just as bad as Fox. Mainly when it comes to justifying and glorifying military action suchas bombing the crap out of people thousands of miles away.

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron

Anyone who rises to the top of power hasn't done it by accident.... They have some very dangerous attributes and some more than others but either way, debating a dangerous leader is down right daft because they all are and always will be.

portisheadpete

Advisor to the Owner
Is this a joke or serious? The road infrastructure from whitehaven to the M6 has a grand total of about 2% chance of handling the traffic. Would require a new dual carriageway being built right through the lake district.
If you arrive in our great mainland from the NI wasteland, youve no need to venture beyond the beautiful idyll that is Whitehaven. To be honest I havent been there recently but when my Dad took us there in the 70s I thought Id woken up on the future Mad Max set.

northender0602

Forum Patron
Patron

Could build a draw bridge. If they vote independence pull the Irish side up.😉

wld

Forum Patron
Patron
One party pledges to spend hundreds of billions on a ridiculous bridge that’s virtually impossible to build and the same (and then some) on a railway line that many don’t want or need. The other pledges much less ore election on initiatives to help the poor and improve ordinary people’s lives.

One is allowed a free pass by the press without any questioning about amounts or the source of the money. The other is ridiculed and told the spending is unrealistic and unnecessary.

Fair and equal coverage? Bias?

Snicky

Forum Patron
Patron
One party pledges to spend hundreds of billions on a ridiculous bridge that’s virtually impossible to build and the same (and then some) on a railway line that many don’t want or need. The other pledges much less ore election on initiatives to help the poor and improve ordinary people’s lives.

One is allowed a free pass by the press without any questioning about amounts or the source of the money. The other is ridiculed and told the spending is unrealistic and unnecessary.

Fair and equal coverage? Bias?
I don’t recall anyone pledging to build the bridge?

wld

Forum Patron
Patron
😂 😂 🧐 yes it is possible buddyguy.. it's a waste of money but it wouldn't be the most difficult bridge ever built lol
It would be up there with the most difficult. The unexplored mines and bombs in the sea would be a bit of an issue, as would the 1,000 foot depths needing to be negotiated - as deep as any expanses of water ever covered by a bridge anywhere.