This week in tory run Britain

Sepp Blatter

Forum Patron
Patron
Over recent years Ive totally changed my garden so that it is Bee friendly so this really does grieve me considerably.
Same here - plus, I live in olive farming country and bees are essential for pollinating the trees. One of the reasons why many farmers keep a few beehives even if they don't take the honey.

(Loved your post because you keep a bee friendly garden, not because this news grieves you)

OP
raefil

raefil

Shit Fan
Patron
Same here - plus, I live in olive farming country and bees are essential for pollinating the trees. One of the reasons why many farmers keep a few beehives even if they don't take the honey.

(Loved your post because you keep a bee friendly garden, not because this news grieves you)
Double effect, really, some of the wildflowers really are beautiful and flower over and over with very little maintenance.

Id seriously recommend more people to try at least one bed of wildflowers.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Double effect, really, some of the wildflowers really are beautiful and flower over and over with very little maintenance.

I tried to use my beds for allotment purposes last year but failed badly due to the soil and light. I'm on the waiting list now so hoping to get one by the end of the year.

In the meantime, this year I will be sowing wild flower bombs.

Sepp Blatter

Forum Patron
Patron

The missus has her flower beds, which we weed, but the rest of the garden we try to leave alone - I only strim once each season's flowers have finished seeding. Luckily, most farmers here avoid herbicides, so the wildflowers in spring and autumn really are beautiful.

Have made some raised beds for vegetables - have to cat-proof them before we buy some decent topsoil in spring.

Dirty Harry

Advisor to the Owner
From today's Guardian
What do you call Rishi Sunak’s former boss at Goldman Sachs, Boris Johnson’s former economic adviser when he was London mayor, a former member of the Bank of England financial policy committee, an unpaid adviser to the chancellor during the coronavirus crisis and a man who has donated more than £400,000 to the Conservative party over the past 20 years? As of April, you will be calling him the new chair of the BBC.

OP
raefil

raefil

Shit Fan
Patron
Scenario

Diane Abbott is home secretary.

On her watch upwards of half a million criminal records are deleted, do you think our media would be as quiet as they are now?