This week in tory run Britain

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
Should it?
personally i think the laws about CCJs disproportionately affect the poorest in the country.

IMHO if the debt is cleared it should be taken from the record.

As it stands whether you pay it or not it affects your credit for a period of 6 years, affecting the poorest the hardest.

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
I can see your point but, equally, it’s nice to have some idea when (or if) you’re likely to get paid.

My mum and dad never had much and if they couldn’t afford it then we didn’t get it.

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
I can see your point but, equally, it’s nice to have some idea when (or if) you’re likely to get paid.

My mum and dad never had much and if they couldn’t afford it then we didn’t get it.
There are many people who use credit in a mangeable way then, suddenly, lifes circumstances change and their debts are no longer manageable. The effect of Covid on so many is real proof of this.

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
Depends who it is
Usually something like blue house or credit card company. They're swimming in the credit cesspit. Tough, they won't struggle to eat. Get a proper job which doesn't exploit the poor.

So your civil justice system would determine liability in accordance with means tests for both parties?

Interesting....

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
E1bHnpQX0AMIWG_

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
He's a fucking ignorant knob but it's hardly on a par with genocide.
Another interesting comment.

Genocide doesnt happen suddenly, it never has, it needs a good amount of people to have enough antipathy towards a group of peoples that they are able to turn a blind eye to what inevitably happens.

Did you read the article?

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
Another interesting comment.

Genocide doesnt happen suddenly, it never has, it needs a good amount of people to have enough antipathy towards a group of peoples that they are able to turn a blind eye to what inevitably happens.

Did you read the article?

Yes I read it......... But didn't read into it what you did....That every common or garden dickhead on social media will hold sway?. Nah

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
It's the start of how we slip in to fascism. If we don't call it out and normalise this type of shite where do you think it will end?

We had the same argument the other night when some div compared what we said with the atrocities of the nazis......... That div was wrong then and you agreed.Now Phil compares this idiot to the mass slaughter of gypsies during the war ..and now all of a sudden you agree? Make your mind up Winkers.

Winkytinky

GTTO
Patron
We had the same argument the other night when some div compared what we said with the atrocities of the nazis......... That div was wrong then and you agreed.Now Phil compares this idiot to the mass slaughter of gypsies during the war ..and now all of a sudden you agree? Make your mind up Winkers.
You'll have to remind me of that conversation.