This week in tory run Britain

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
You think most of our ‘gypsies’ are Roma.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
“12.In 2011, the census collected information about Gypsy and Traveller people for the first time, a move that was made on an understanding that, in order to provide services to Gypsy and Traveller people, it was vital that they could be identified.9 A tick-box for “Roma” was not included in that census, although the Office for National Statistics has recommended that a box be added for the census in 2021. The census recorded 58,000 people as Gypsy/Traveller in 2011 in England and Wales, with a further 4,000 recorded in Scotland.10 The Government acknowledges that this is likely to be an undercount, with estimates of between 100,000 to 300,000 Gypsy/Traveller people11 and up to 200,000 Roma people living in the UK.12Witnesses have given various possible reasons for the undercount, discussed further below.”

“Most” is going to be an interesting definition

nigelscamelcoat

Advisor to the Owner
Good Law Project are fighting the good fight, interesting interview with Jolyon Maugham highlighting some dark forces in the government.
Also interesting to hear the attitude of the government's own lawyers, it seems they are equally concerned about the government lowering standards. I guess it compromises their integrity.
This quote made me chuckle.
“It’s a bit like knowing that the bizzies are around if you fancy breaking into someone’s house,”

nigelscamelcoat

Advisor to the Owner
Good Law Project are fighting the good fight, interesting interview with Jolyon Maugham highlighting some dark forces in the government.
Also interesting to hear the attitude of the government's own lawyers, it seems they are equally concerned about the government lowering standards. I guess it compromises their integrity.
This quote made me chuckle.
“It’s a bit like knowing that the bizzies are around if you fancy breaking into someone’s house,”
Here's the interview.

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
As if this came up when i tried to log on a new device today!!!

E2V0M_vXoAQQvye

nigelscamelcoat

Advisor to the Owner
I've been following the case of Kids Company quite closely as it's my line of work. Truly disgusting how the tories- Greg Clark in this case acted in smearing the directors. Thankfully the judge has thrown out the case from the reviewers and seen it as the bundle of Daily Mail style tropes that it was. They have cost the public purse £8 million in thier malicious pursuit of this. Tellingly the quote I've extracted below says a million words about what has really gone on
Corrupt government- willing to destroy anyone in the name of political points scoring.
"Falk concluded that had the unfounded sexual assault allegations not made it impossible for Kids Company to continue to raise funds from philanthropists, it is likely that the charity would have succeeded in its restructuring plans and survived."

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
When a simple working class man like Christopher Edward Wollaston MacKenzie Geidt, Baron Geidt, GCB, GCVO, OBE, QSO, PC, FKC says his Eton chum Johnson has done nothing wrong, that should be end of it.

Got that Plebs?

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
When a simple working class man like Christopher Edward Wollaston MacKenzie Geidt, Baron Geidt, GCB, GCVO, OBE, QSO, PC, FKC says his Eton chum Johnson has done nothing wrong, that should be end of it.

Got that Plebs?

I just stopped laughing. I hadn’t seen this decision - and read the 11 tweet series. We are truly shafted. This either IS a massive cover up - or it has been allowed to look like one.

I don’t know if everyone’s Twitter feeds are the same - but the first 5 replies I see to Angela Raynor are all rubbishing the relevance of her tweet. “What about Labour ?” “What about your airpods?” blah blah.

There is a concerted effort to belittle opposition to this government’s behaviour.

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
Schools catch up Tsar Kevin Collins resigns after the catch up plan was announced, saying it doesn't go far enough. Works out about fifty quid per pupil.
I did like where one institute had costed it at £13.5bn, Collins at £15bn. Government funding £1.5bn

also the amount of fuckwittery on social media about teachers getting a “payrise”....ummm ...getting paid for the hours you work is pretty standard in most occupations you bellends

nigelscamelcoat

Advisor to the Owner
Should be an interesting listen for anyone who gives a shitime about the procurement scandal.
"PS: On Thursday evening at 8 PM, Jo Maugham will be interviewed on Double Down News about PPE procurement scandal. All you need to do is tune in here at 8 PM: "

Dirty Harry

Advisor to the Owner
So, just read that the National Tutoring Programme to help pupils catch up is being handed to a firm called Randstadt, who have no previous record of managing this kind of enterprise, but plenty of experience of cocking other things up that they have been involved in. They will be handed millions to take charge of the Programme, no doubt paying the tutors they employ (who will probably be unqualified) peanuts for delivering the catch up stuff. I'll give it a couple of weeks before one of Randstadts top brass is revealed to be a Tory party doner.

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
So, just read that the National Tutoring Programme to help pupils catch up is being handed to a firm called Randstadt, who have no previous record of managing this kind of enterprise, but plenty of experience of cocking other things up that they have been involved in. They will be handed millions to take charge of the Programme, no doubt paying the tutors they employ (who will probably be unqualified) peanuts for delivering the catch up stuff. I'll give it a couple of weeks before one of Randstadts top brass is revealed to be a Tory party doner.

Sounds typical. They're a pretty big corporate with global ambition, having just looked up their website. These companies spend a long time honing things like their mission statement / core value statements, right? This appears prominently on their own website's company profile:

1622843395159.png
Bad enough having a horrendous typo in your Core Value statement. But even without it (presuming they need to delete the word 'and' in the first line) it's a load of meaningless confusing gobbledegook anyway. Maybe I'm looking to find fault, but I think they should be pretty embarrassed about this!

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
Arent they a job recruitment company? Something fishy certainly

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
Randstad are massive in teacher recruitment. Have been for years.

Not sure who exactly has the best track record in this type of pupil catch-up program, but surely a decent start is a large company, working across international boundaries, who work heavily in the education sector.