This week in tory run Britain

26-0

Forum Patron
Patron
The sad fact is that Hancock has probably just had his position made even more secure as they won't have the balls to do anything that makes it look like what Cummings said could be true so they have to stick with him. What a sorry state of affairs

While Priti condemns “institutional corruption” in the Police Force from the Dispatch Box.

How can these horrors keep a straight face?

26-0

Forum Patron
Patron
A man who drove to Barnard Castle to test his eyesight now seems to be the doyen of truth. Funny old world

If what he says is true then we should all be very concerned. Shouldn’t we?

His version of events does corroborate the accounts of many individuals on the front line at the time - surgeons, doctors, nurses, care homes etc.

His account of events should not be dismissed on the basis that he allegedly broke/bent lockdown rules last year unless of course we believe that Government Ministers should never be held to account for their actions. A very dangerous road to go down.

Funny old world I agree.

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
A man who drove to Barnard Castle to test his eyesight now seems to be the doyen of truth. Funny old world

you don’t see a difference in his blatant lying regarding a trip where only his wife and family could corroborate what he stated versus what’s happening now where he seems to be throwing numerous people either under the bus or into the equation as being there along with what seems to be numerous pieces of evidence? The bloke is a liability but turning a blind eye without investigating what he now says seems a bit weird when it was pored over with a tooth comb to establish his lies the last time. Maybe the same sort of investigation can prove he’s still a complete liar, or more worryingly a lot more people are also complete liars. Don’t think anyone is suggesting to take everything at face value but it warrants a discussion and enquiry

bigtallsi

Forum Patron
Patron
So do you think he fabricated the WhatsApp messages? Even this shitbag lying government don’t seem able to find the gall to deny their veracity.
No I don't. And don't think I said as much.

It was merely an observation.

The phrase a week is a long time in Politics could, surely, never have been more apt

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
No I don't. And don't think I said as much.

It was merely an observation.

The phrase a week is a long time in Politics could, surely, never have been more apt
Thats exactly how this group of tories play the game, make no comments on the awkward stuff whilst, and until, their mates in the media move on to something else. Then its as if nothing ever happened.

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
Not sure I understand that
Okay I`ll try to explain

Thats exactly how this group of tories play the game,
First of all I say, "This group of Tories," because, in my eyes, they arent Tories at all, theyre a group of right extremists who have successfully managed to hijack the Tory name, they are also vey good at using the Steve Bannon playbook of lies, deflection and, when need be, silence to eventually pretend nothing nothing ever happened.

make no comments on the awkward stuff whilst, and until, their mates in the media move on to something else.

As you correctly said, "A week in politics is a long time," They know that the media, many of whom went to the same schools, wont pursue them for longer than a few days, if that.
Then its as if nothing ever happened.
Then life goes on and we eventually get,

"It never happened," Just like Hancocks, "There was never a shortage of PPE."

26-0

Forum Patron
Patron
Thats exactly how this group of tories play the game, make no comments on the awkward stuff whilst, and until, their mates in the media move on to something else. Then its as if nothing ever happened.

Exactly this.

And throw in one or two distraction stories to divert attention eg the “controversial” one yesterday compelling Care Home staff to take the vaccine. “Look over there”. 👀

bigtallsi

Forum Patron
Patron
Okay I`ll try to explain

First of all I say, "This group of Tories," because, in my eyes, they arent Tories at all, theyre a group of right extremists who have successfully managed to hijack the Tory name, they are also vey good at using the Steve Bannon playbook of lies, deflection and, when need be, silence to eventually pretend nothing nothing ever happened.

As you correctly said, "A week in politics is a long time," They know that the media, many of whom went to the same schools, wont pursue them for longer than a few days, if that.

Then life goes on and we eventually get,

"It never happened," Just like Hancocks, "There was never a shortage of PPE."
Thank you.

Which schools were they all at? Just interested that's all