This week in tory run Britain

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
There you go, a genuine one, although he could have applied for a visa when he left Afghanistan, Pakistan and the UK embassy in Islamabad are issuing visas for Afghans who are special cases?
One?

The chances of anyone getting near a British embassy in Islamabad, in normal times, are nil to zero

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron
One?

The chances of anyone getting near a British embassy in Islamabad, in normal times, are nil to zero
Which route do you reckon he took then Raef to get here in 2 months, and been unable to apply for a visa, surely much better than paying all that money to cross the channel in a dinghy. I wouldn't take the long, dangerous route if I could avoid it.

It is policy of the UK to grant visa's and asylum to people fleeing Afghanistan, especially if you have links to the British Forces?

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
Which route do you reckon he took then Raef to get here in 2 months, and been unable to apply for a visa, surely much better than paying all that money to cross the channel in a dinghy. I wouldn't take the long, dangerous route if I could avoid it.

It is policy of the UK to grant visa's and asylum to people fleeing Afghanistan, especially if you have links to the British Forces?
Im sure if he could have got a visa then he would have done that.

The overland route from Afghanistan takes one through Iran, turkey, greece, Austria, Germany, france etc.

You know what its not thos coming in dinghies from France that are causing this countries ills, thats entirely down to those coming from Eton.

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron
Im sure if he could have got a visa then he would have done that.

The overland route from Afghanistan takes one through Iran, turkey, greece, Austria, Germany, france etc.

You know what its not thos coming in dinghies from France that are causing this countries ills, thats entirely down to those coming from Eton.
The Balkan route, highly unlikely to be achievable in 2 months, but nevertheless you can make your application online and be directed to the nearest help available, be that UNHRC or other aid centres on the way, they can help in applications.

I am not saying that those aid agencies work, but they profess to help in applying for refugee status, which means applications for visas and support when doing so. and they are all over the EU, as in the UK.

No way would I take my family on a boat across the channel in the winter, but each to their own methods.

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
The Balkan route, highly unlikely to be achievable in 2 months, but nevertheless you can make your application online and be directed to the nearest help available, be that UNHRC or other aid centres on the way, they can help in applications.

I am not saying that those aid agencies work, but they profess to help in applying for refugee status, which means applications for visas and support when doing so. and they are all over the EU, as in the UK.

No way would I take my family on a boat across the channel in the winter, but each to their own methods.
Me neither but the ones causing problems for our country are not those who travel by dinghies but, rather, those who arrive by private jets.

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
FFENMEPWYAQFgW1

FFENMEQWYAIQmFM

FFENMEvX0Ag2yG4

Portishead

Manager

Non.

The usual one way negotiation method that has see demonstrably failed every time the idiot engages with a counterparty. A toff thats always had his own way and who's now floundering in the real world of international relations.

The mayor of Calais is the only one thats made sense today outlining actions for both govts and emphasizing the futility of patrolling 300 miles of coastline. That solves sweet fa.

Sepp Blatter

Liz Truss Groupie
Patron
Non.

The usual one way negotiation method that has see demonstrably failed every time the idiot engages with a counterparty. A toff thats always had his own way and who's now floundering in the real world of international relations.

The mayor of Calais is the only one thats made sense today outlining actions for both govts and emphasizing the futility of patrolling 300 miles of coastline. That solves sweet fa.
Yup - patrolling that amount of coastline would cost a lot more money and resources than looking after the migrants arriving on UK shores.

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron
Me neither but the ones causing problems for our country are not those who travel by dinghies but, rather, those who arrive by private jets.

Both are Raef, whether you like it or not, economic migrants will continue to mass at the French coast, and use people smugglers until an agreement is reached between the UK and the EU.

You put forward the case everyone has the right to a better life, and free movement should be embraced, well I disagree, not everyone is a decent person fleeing untold horrors, amongst the many entering the UK some are criminals, freeloaders and god forbid dangerous individuals intent on doing damage to the UK.

Many ISIS soldiers are fleeing out of Syria also, they will look for a safe haven where no questions are asked, what better place than the UK, free lodgings and help and assistance from the people they despise.

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
Both are Raef, whether you like it or not, economic migrants will continue to mass at the French coast, and use people smugglers until an agreement is reached between the UK and the EU.

You put forward the case everyone has the right to a better life, and free movement should be embraced, well I disagree, not everyone is a decent person fleeing untold horrors, amongst the many entering the UK some are criminals, freeloaders and god forbid dangerous individuals intent on doing damage to the UK.

Many ISIS soldiers are fleeing out of Syria also, they will look for a safe haven where no questions are asked, what better place than the UK, free lodgings and help and assistance from the people they despise.
Dare i suggest that the ecomomic migrants may well actually solve a few problems caused by losing workers because of Brexit?

As for ISIS, Im surprised any of us are still alive lol

wld

Forum Patron
Patron
Presumably Hammond inadvertently used his government connections to try and help the bank he now works for. Obviously nothing to see here, coincidental that the man making the decision is from his own party.

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron
Dare i suggest that the ecomomic migrants may well actually solve a few problems caused by losing workers because of Brexit?

As for ISIS, Im surprised any of us are still alive lol

Dear Raef, that sounds like a good Tory idea....

I suggest you should really educate yourself on the current policies in the EU on welcoming migrants?

You did suggest that the Afghan soldier possible followed the Balkan route via Turkey, that is ridiculous, crossing the Med and ending up in Greece to one of 5 migrant camps, without any chance of being offered asylum. if they manage to escape and head to the Balkans they will find borders closed, the main entry to the EU will be blocked (Croatia), where they will be beaten and refused entry. If he was genuine, he should have gone to the Consul in Islamabad, I bet he was undocumented, (haven't seen his story) but on the twitter feed, by the way, why the hell would a genuine soldier from Afghanistan bypass the advice given to refugees by the UK?

Even if they find a way to cross the mountains. there is no welcome anymore in Western Europe, including Germany. Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands or any other EU state. The days of welcoming migrants to the EU have gone, no help for Greece from the EU for those crossing from Turkey, they bear the brunt of dealing with those hoping to receive a welcome. In fact Sweden are trying to deport 80k migrants but the failed applicants home countries will not accept them.

The French are hoping that the tent cities will empty by turning a blind eye to channel crossings, because it rids them of the problem. Please do some up to date reading Raef, the problem of migrants will not disappear, unless we make a deal with the EU. That is a pipe dream, ask the Greeks or the Italians,

Merkal made a mistake and the Germans no longer want to know, the reason that the EU states are closing their borders is because the EU are in turmoil and disagreement with each other on who offers refuge, pass the book, none of them want the problem. The French must be laughing at us, take our offerings of £54 million for the French to stop the boats.....what a stupid government we have.