PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

UK Politics

This is very worrying given that she is red hot favourite with the bookies now and miles ahead of the others….
She's as utterly useless as the rest. The remaining 6 are all, without exception, second rate (at best) politicians. Theyre venal, corrupt and wouldn't understand the concept of public service if it smacked them in their smug faces. Absolute dregs of political humanity (if that's not an oxymoron)

Another one that magnificently failed in his job in every aspect leaving behind a trail of disasters. But which his media chums have reinvented as someone of eminence and gravitas. They keep trying the same in vain with Raab and Truss. He'd be better sealed in a whisky cask of his choosing and not let out for 25 years. He might then talk more sense and be less deluded.
Lord Frost is the absolute definition of a chancer. Incompetent diplomat who has somehow become the darling of the right wing press. It beggars belief.

Wasnt it Jeremy Corbyn who was colluding with foreign powers?

Very interesting family, the Lebedevs - playing the game and charming the rich, famous, and influential. Darlings of the liberal elite.

What does make me chuckle is when various voices on Twitter and in the media bleat about Russian interference in British politics - and then happily quote the Indy as fact.

I'd rather have the lying toad Boris back as PM compared to what's about to replace him.
The 'Bodger' has a lot of support amongst the electorate, even with his lies and deceit, I am glad he has gone before he completely bankrupted the country.

I don't know much about the rest of them, but would prefer Truss to win, she is so incredibly dumb and full of herself that 2 years of her as PM would guarantee, the Tories would lose the next election.

My least favourite candidate - she has some views that I do not care for and is now blatantly lying and backtracking (even more than the other candidates).

The ruddy faced tory faithful love a matronly figure to take down their troos and tell them theyve been naughty boys. Her intellect and honesty are secondary to their vision of her in leathers with a whip.

I'd rather have the lying toad Boris back as PM compared to what's about to replace him.
That's what I've been worried about. It might've been better if Johnson had managed to hold on until the next GE and all but guaranteeing a change of government.

I have to keep shaking my head with Truss. The Brexit champion who voted remain, whatever happened to conviction politics?

To be honest, that is not one of the many things I hold against her. If she was somewhere in the middle ground on the Leave-Remain debate, then it’s defendable to speak up for the principle of Leave now.

The interpretation of what “Leave” means, and the belligerent way she’s rushing to tear up the NI protocol she signed up to, etc. … that’s a different matter.