PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

UK Politics

I'd say so but I could be wrong.. am I? It was the same in Liverpool when I lived there, the amount of Chinese students was astounding.. I don't know, could be wrong... And I do value students, of course I do... I'd agree with almost all of your post if after graduation you contribute your skills at jobs in the UK for atleast 5 years.... It just feels like we are training people up only for them to go to a "competitor" nation... Abit like training premier league footballers by having them on loan only for them to go and benefit the prem club more than they have us... I think that there should be a law that states that a city/town must meet a certain target for housing natives of the town before more student accomodation is allowed to be built... I mean, how much capacity can that fucking university have 🤣.
Thing is these overseas students arent being payed for by us, they are bringing money to the Unis from their countries of origin. They really owe us nothing. albeit many do stay here for work purposes after their studies.

I genuinely don't bother with newspapers... I wouldn't say I'm right wing tbh, although I might be considered right wing in this current political climate.. I don't hate students by the way or I'd be hating my own family 👍
The Mail was only an example. You don’t have to read those papers to be influenced by the same people. Like, I mean, most students in Preston are foreign? I would like to see the stats!

Thing is these overseas students arent being payed for by us, they are bringing money to the Unis from their countries of origin. They really owe us nothing. albeit many do stay here for work purposes after their studies.
I know I pointed that out after my first post.. they owe us nothing but I think councils or whoever is responsible should be cutting down the number of discriminatory housing listings that only allowed students to apply... Might aswel have "no blacks" "no working class" ..... That's what pisses me off.. I recently split up with the wife and left her with the house 🙃🙃🙃🙃 so I figured I'd start renting for a year or 2... Student that student this .. over 55 this over 55 that.. house share "prefared if indian female or Indian couple apply" {{{{wouldn't house share anyway but I could only imagine the uproar if we changed the indian part to English 🌚so yeah,, if somebody who is Preston born is struggling to find a place to rent whilst 500 student flats remain empty it pisses me off...

"Here, let me give you these skills so that you can use them against me but it's okay because you'll buy beer in nightclubs and lower our taxes by a miniscule amount"
🤓

The Mail was only an example. You don’t have to read those papers to be influenced by the same people. Like, I mean, most students in Preston are foreign? I would like to see the stats!
Can anybody obtain these buggering stats ? I think I'm right but I could be wrong... I'd like to see the numbers tbh

I'd say so but I could be wrong.. am I? It was the same in Liverpool when I lived there, the amount of Chinese students was astounding.. I don't know, could be wrong... And I do value students, of course I do... I'd agree with almost all of your post if after graduation you contribute your skills at jobs in the UK for atleast 5 years.... It just feels like we are training people up only for them to go to a "competitor" nation... Abit like training premier league footballers by having them on loan only for them to go and benefit the prem club more than they have us... I think that there should be a law that states that a city/town must meet a certain target for housing natives of the town before more student accomodation is allowed to be built... I mean, how much capacity can that fucking university have 🤣.

Ive been made aware from a personal source (and most every undergraduate knows its going on) that many 'oriental' students that can hardly speak a word of English are routinely passing through with great grades having been provided draft responses for examination papers. Its an industry feeding itself. Needs must.

Gilt yields are back at Truss / Kwarteng budget levels....

Apparently because inflation has been so bad in our country.

But the smoke and mirrors are out, with the fall to 8.4% yesterday is "showing that we're heading in the right direction". 🤮🤮🤢. And that smoke will be wafting around again soon when they hit the magic figure of halving inflation... and most of the country will understandably not grasp that the rapid and huge price rises of 10-14 months ago are dropping out of the calculation... unaware that they don't drop out of the prices we're all paying... those rises are baked in. And unaware that it was imperative to get price rises down rapido. But hey... the Tories are doing great, and that's one of their five priorities already delivered.

But the smoke and mirrors are out, with the fall to 8.4% yesterday is "showing that we're heading in the right direction". 🤮🤮🤢. And that smoke will be wafting around again soon when they hit the magic figure of halving inflation... and most of the country will understandably not grasp that the rapid and huge price rises of 10-14 months ago are dropping out of the calculation... unaware that they don't drop out of the prices we're all paying... those rises are baked in. And unaware that it was imperative to get price rises down rapido. But hey... the Tories are doing great, and that's one of their five priorities already delivered.

Its like when they choose to claim we have the best economic growth in the G7. Choosing the short period just post the biggest slump on recent record. Well done lads.

Coming back from Paris confirms to me how much we're in the shit. Believe me. Theres little evidence of any crisis there, the prices in central Paris are the same as shitty English pub grub prices. Everywheres heaving, the stores are groaning with quality fresh food and goods and theres no boarded up shops. Our MSM love to major on their riots but frankly thae French just love to moan. Theyve got it good, have sorted their energy and invest constantly in public infrastructure and the prople buy in and support it.

60 euros for 2 course lunch inc drinks and tip in top class brasserie.
You should have stayed if it's that good. The only difference between them and us is that the public take no shit but we take it squarely on the chin.

You should have stayed if it's that good. The only difference between them and us is that the public take no shit but we take it squarely on the chin.

I would have if I could have. Wasnt an option. All Id say is that theres s constant pulling wool over peoples eyes concerning our state compared to our neighbours. Its a convenience and most everyone will buy into a story that well at least our neighbours are feeling the same pinch. Its bollocks. If Jeremy cnut was a French Minister and stated as he did today that he'd happily ditch the economy if it got inflation down, he'd be debagged on the spot as youve recognised above.

I would have if I could have. Wasnt an option. All Id say is that theres s constant pulling wool over peoples eyes concerning our state compared to our neighbours. Its a convenience and most everyone will buy into a story that well at least our neighbours are feeling the same pinch. Its bollocks. If Jeremy cnut was a French Minister and stated as he did today that he'd happily ditch the economy if it got inflation down, he'd be debagged on the spot as youve recognised above.

I reckon our greatest weakness as a Nation is apathy... And I'm buggered if I can work out why that is. Any ideas?