Throw ins, officials, the laws and towels......

Muzza

Forum Patron
Patron
Seen something. on twitter last night that something was directed towards Furlong and that PNE Police was aware and had been in touch with the club.
Yeah, it mentioned there was an allegation of a racist taunt from a Preston fan towards Furlong as well, but the main crux of the article is about the chant towards a Preston player.

tete55

First Team
Yeah, it mentioned there was an allegation of a racist taunt from a Preston fan towards Furlong as well, but the main crux of the article is about the chant towards a Preston player.

At Preston, not at a Preston player. Why would we be considered rivals? And why would they be worried about it being sang at the Hawthorns? I'm assuming it is a villa or brum player.

JK

Head Honcho
Staff member
Patron
At Preston, not at a Preston player. Why would we be considered rivals? And why would they be worried about it being sang at the Hawthorns? I'm assuming it is a villa or brum player.

I could hear them singing something pretty horrible about Mings but due to their strange accents couldn't quite make it out.

Thankfully the comment about abuse towards Furlong has not been confirmed by anyone.

I was in that area and didn't here or see anything aside from him getting in a stress because he was getting stick about losing his towel.

Hopefully that remains the case.

BJW95

Manager

It's a song about Tyrone Mings that West Brom fans were singing.

keefer68

Manager
When I ran the line on the parks (usually suspended) I always stood so the thrower couldn’t get further down the line . But a championship liner can’t do similar 🤷🏻‍♂️
As with Rugby Touch judges, the linesman should stand at the point the ball went out. As you can't be offside direct from a throw in, the linesman then only has one job to do, which is watch the throwers feet. It couldn't be easier. Persistent encroachment is a yellow card and 2 yellows is obviously a red. It could be eliminated very easily.

pne4ever

Manager
Why is it "a joke"? Why not allow "kick-ins" from the sidelines, if throw-ins are intended to launch attacks into the box?
I think the difference between corners and throw-ins in the laws highlights the fact that throw-ins are not intended to reward a team with an attack into the box, whereas corners are.

We may as well allow kick-ons if we're allowing long throws. At least we wouldn't need to wait for towels.
The FA did experiment with kick ins for a season a while back in one of the southern leagues. The idea was quickly abandoned 🥱