PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Time for players to show what they are made of

Whatever team/bench we have today (please not Maguire as sole striker) I would like the players to show they care.Conditions will be awful so it won't be pretty but at least it they look like they are trying to win the battle it will offer a ray of hope.
Playing like a damp squib shows no respect to the fans who earn a fraction of what players earn,yet fork out to watch.
If we lose but at least tried it's better than losing cos they couldn't be arsed.If that happens if won't be pretty at full time.
Come on boys,give it a real go and we'll see what happens.

its not maguires fault! its the system that failing him. he needs to play as part of a front 2. Mind you I think moult and stockley would both benefit from this as well...pity Neil doesn't see it

its not maguires fault! its the system that failing him. he needs to play as part of a front 2. Mind you I think moult and stockley would both benefit from this as well...pity Neil doesn't see it
Not strictly true. Maguire was at his best playing as part of a 3 with him, Robbo and Barky alternating positions

Agreed the current squad will need to step up to the plate. As a retired journalist I was pleased to see dav

Sorry about typo. Pleased to see Dave Seddon step up to the plate with constructive criticism of the club for failure to add quality in the vital positions.

Whatever team/bench we have today (please not Maguire as sole striker) I would like the players to show they care.Conditions will be awful so it won't be pretty but at least it they look like they are trying to win the battle it will offer a ray of hope.
Playing like a damp squib shows no respect to the fans who earn a fraction of what players earn,yet fork out to watch.
If we lose but at least tried it's better than losing cos they couldn't be arsed.If that happens if won't be pretty at full time.
Come on boys,give it a real go and we'll see what happens.
I don't really think our players can be accused of showing they don't care/can't be arsed/not showing respect. Not played well on occasions....certainly! But who doesn't have a bad game now and again. A bit harsh i think.

North End will be facing some solid units in the Wigan team, I think it might be a scrap today?

Good strikers should be able to score a few goals in any system. Make the excuses you want but 3 goals in 40 games is an abysmal record.

Makes a difference when we don’t play Maguire upfront on his own, every single player immense today. Moult outstanding chased everything got his reward with his goal, Johnson looked a different player superb cross for moults goal won a few headers and put his self about. Happiest I’ve come off deepdale in quite some time

Makes a difference when we play to their strengths! Moult is no better as an aerial threat than Maguire, but using quick passing and movement to make space is a world of difference to hoofing it up to chase.

I still dont think Moult is capable of leading the line against a higher calibre of opposition but from what we saw today he can certainly do a job in select games

Yes the change to Moult up front and maguire on the left was a huge plus. And Rudd was excellent. Browne still looks off the pace when he came on but hey ho that single malt will go down a treat tonight.

I still dont think Moult is capable of leading the line against a higher calibre of opposition but from what we saw today he can certainly do a job in select games

Sound like reluctant praise through gritted teeth after your constant negative comments about him.

Thought Moult did really well today. Ran his socks of across the front line and made things difficult for the Wigan back four. Today's set up played to his strengths. Deserves to start again next Saturday (hopefully the same starting eleven) after his efforts today.

This is true of all of our strikers though.

Given Maguire’s future lies playing on the left and Stockley doesn’t do the pressing side of the game very well, I definitely think Moult is worth a few starts

Thought Moult did really well today. Ran his socks of across the front line and made things difficult for the Wigan back four. Today's set up played to his strengths. Deserves to start again next Saturday (hopefully the same starting eleven) after his efforts today.
This is true of all of our strikers though.

Given Maguire’s future lies playing on the left and Stockley doesn’t do the pressing side of the game very well, I definitely think Moult is worth a few starts

I'm always happy to be proven wrong by our players ;)