PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Time travel.

So many standout and i’m sure the memories are better when you are small......

3 of the best...

Rovers at home on a cold Tuesday night in the 70’s, won 4-1
Blackpool away , super Tony Ellis, won 3-2
Wigan away when we were promoted, won 1-0, Jacko
The Wigan game is a great call 👍

West Ham game. I’d go back to the night before and place a few laxatives in the West Ham hotel’s evening buffet!
64 or 05?

Which would have been the greater victory?

Although before my time, I'll go with 64. We'd have been in the CWC the following season which, iirc, WHU won!

64 or 05?

Which would have been the greater victory?

Although before my time, I'll go with 64. We'd have been in the CWC the following season which, iirc, WHU won!
05 for me every time.
If we'd gone up, no reason why we couldn't have become reasonably established. Chances of Cup finals might have come again as well.
Massive, massive missed opportunity. Much better team than West Ham that season but just didn't turn up on the day. Worst trip home ever.

1966 - PNE 2-1 Tottenham (Great win and our last appearance in an FA Cup quarter final)
1970 - Fulham 0-1 PNE (Promotion clincher against the other promoted team)
1999 - Wigan 0-1 PNE (That iconic Jacko goal in Wigan's new stadium in front of 6800 of our supporters. After that game I knew we would go up)
2015 - PNE 4-0 Swindon (Buried the play off hoodoo and Beckford hat trick)
Cheated a bit there but couldn't narrow it down to one game.

05 for me every time.
If we'd gone up, no reason why we couldn't have become reasonably established. Chances of Cup finals might have come again as well.
Massive, massive missed opportunity. Much better team than West Ham that season but just didn't turn up on the day. Worst trip home ever.

Agree 100%. Early start with the whole family kitted out in our PNE best, flags, and a feeling our time had come at last. Beaten them home and away, we were going up! Only to end with numb disbelief, eldest daughter heartbroken. Compounded as you say by THAT long, long journey home, with the WH cars and coaches adding to the gloom.