PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

To all Ched Evans Haters

I don’t usually do this but after reading some of the idiotic tripe on Twitter, I have been left completely bewildered by the ‘blindness’/ ignorant views of some fans in relation to Ched Evans.

The guy is an a absolute warrior! There really is no other words to explain it. The ‘win at all costs’ mentality is worth so much more than our fan base truly realises. Anybody who has played football (or any team based competitive sports such as rugby) will understand how important controlled aggression is. There are lots of teams out there with vast amounts of quality, but quality without fighting spirit is nothing. The sheer will to win is worth so much to any club. His passion is what I’d expect of players wearing our shirt.

If I was lucky enough to be graced with ‘championship level’ football ability and I could play for the mighty PNE; I’d compete for every loose ball, every 50/50, every dubious decision the ref gave I’d be in his ear and complaining. Every bad tackle from an opposition player, i’d be reminding the ref of how many fouls that was…… you get the point! - what I’m trying to say is, Ched plays for us the way a Preston North End fan would play for us. It comes across to me that he would literally run through brick walls for the team. I say this truthfully and from a very sincere place, he is my favourite player in this squad. Although admittedly, I have always preferred the ‘fighter’ type players.

And so, I say to all the fans who don’t think he’s that great….. everyone has an opinion and you are entitled to yours….. but opinions are a lot like arse*ole* - everyone’s got one but no1 wants to hear it! Especially if it’s spouting s****!
Excellent post. And dare I risk saying that most of the haters are kids who have yet to learn the game, never played, and watch the top teams in the premiership on TV.

Excellent post. And dare I risk saying that most of the haters are kids who have yet to learn the game, never played, and watch the top teams in the premiership on TV.
Despite the bed-wetting when he signed, the feeling I get from the terraces is that he's one of the most popular members of the squad. Been a great signing.

Still a quality impact player and once fully match fit, i'm sure he'll still be effective when starting games.

Riis, Osmajic, Keane, and Evans is a very good set of striking options.

I'd be hoping for 30 goals between them by the end of the season (tough but not unrealistic), that would probably guarantee playoffs.

Hopefully Stewart can get up to speed and offer us something different too, no idea what sort of player he is. Plays on the shoulder like Riis, or more of a poacher?

Last edited:
Still a quality impact player and once fully match fit, i'm sure he'll still be effective when starting games.

Riis, Osmajic, Keane, and Evans is a very good set of striking options. I'd be hoping for 30 goals between them by the end of the season.

Hopefully Stewart can get up to speed and offer us something different too, no idea what sort of player he is. Plays on the shoulder like Riis, or more of a poacher?
totally agreee.... Ched still adds value.

He made a good impact when he came on against Rovers last week.

I wonder if he'll get another year ? Crazy to think he'll be 35 in December but right now I'd be more than happy if he was offered another deal for next season.
Probably depends on what happens and what impact he has between now and the end of the season though

I'd rather he wasn't at PNE. Not for footballing reasons. Not gonna stop me supporting the team or (if I was back in Preston) going on.

For what it is worth, I read much of the trial records and saw the cctv footage etc when his case was originally discussed on this forum and felt his conviction was at least ‘unsafe’. I’m no lawyer but having since read a little more, including the statements of two men she had sex with on either side of the night in question, I’m not surprised he was found not guilty.

Was his behaviour admirable? - absolutely not!
Should he have to spend the rest of his life being admonished for it? Not really, he spent 2 and a half years inside and 5 years accused of something of which he was later found not guilty.

I think it’s quite remarkable that he’s got his life back on track.