PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

To all Ched Evans Haters

As others have said, it's great when the only thing we have to argue about is whether a goal took a deflection or not. 'Bout time we had an upward trajectory!

Would have thought there is more to this than if it took a deflection.

My take would be that he is a PNE player, if he is giving his all for the team, he shoots at goal, the ball goes in the net, its his goal and I ain’t going to analyse it to the far end of a fart just to take a bit of gloss off it for him.

Never been his biggest fan, for no other than footballing reasons but, well done Ched.

Would have thought there is more to this than if it took a deflection.

My take would be that he is a PNE player, if he is giving his all for the team, he shoots at goal, the ball goes in the net, its his goal and I ain’t going to analyse it to the far end of a fart just to take a bit of gloss off it for him.

Never been his biggest fan, for no other than footballing reasons but, well done Ched.

Spot on.

Still debatable if it even touched the defenders heel.

Now Bumleys first goal at Sheffield on Saturday, that’s what you call a deflection, direction of shot totally altered.

Spot on.

Now Bumleys first goal at Sheffield on Saturday, that’s what you call a deflection, direction of shot totally altered.
No one said it was a massive deflection, nor has it taken away from a very important goal but I don't think there's any debate to be had really

No one said it was a massive deflection, nor has it taken away from a very important goal but I don't think there's any debate to be had really
Come on! It’s the greyest area I’ve seen this side of Ridsdale’s hairpiece.

If Riis, or indeed any player other than Evans had scored that goal, would we even be discussing it?

IMO that's a bit of a misread, Schemer - though I think you're not alone in thinking that. But crucially, it's not the people who have been saying that there WAS a deflection who are the ones who have been driving this extended debate - and surely that would be the case if all this to-and-fro was caused by anti-ched negativity.

Nobody (or virtually nobody?) has claimed that it wasn't an excellent goal - but if you've seen an obvious deflection, and some people are arguing until they are blue in the face that Evans's shot went directly in, without a deflection, what do you want us to say? It's not us who are spinning out the debate when we say - good goal... but there was a deflection!

Honestly, I suspected a deflection when I saw it live (on tv)... and it was immediately confirmed on the replay from the angle behind the goal, and picked up by the Sky pundits afterwards. It would have been much more uncertain if that camera hadn't been there. The deflection made the shot impossible to save (criticism of the keeper has been pretty ridiculous IMO)... but it may well have gone in anyway. Without the deflection, the ball would have been in the keeper's range though.

Spot on.

Can you really not let this go?! After pne-gaz's zoomed-in replay posted yesterday, the only possible remaining debate is which bit of his lower leg it deflected off! Heel, ankle or outside of the lower shin? :p

I would have agreed he'd played well against Swansea and Reading even if he'd not scored two tonight.

Not quite eating humble pie yet, but I've took it out of the freezer and it's defrosting.
Humble pie update - fully defrosted and now in the oven.

Keep this up Ched and I'll be tucking in by the time we've finished against t'Rovers.

Ched with more goal contributions than Riis in half the game time, just as we all predicted at the start of the year