PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Tough-ometer

ianmcm

In another thread, Thracia has brilliantly identified that to Frankie, pretty much all upcoming games are either 'tough' or 'very tough'. On that basis, how would anyone rank the next three fixtures? I'm going:
Coventry: 'very tough';
Blackpool: 'very, very tough';
Liverpool: no combination of adverbs and adjectives is available in English to describe the difficulty level presented by this game.

Therefore, one point, knocked out and a goal difference of minus 8 would seem to be about as much as we can hope for.

I’m already resided to a defeat this Saturday. There’s not a chance we will be up for it like they will be. We couldn’t even put in a performance when tickets were £5 and there were 18k at Deepdale with the circumstances for the game.

We all know we will start with 5 at the back. We will pass it side ways and have no idea what to do with it. Midfield will be bypassed and overran time and time again and our strikers will barely have a touch of the ball unless they create something themselves.

I’m already resided to a defeat this Saturday. There’s not a chance we will be up for it like they will be. We couldn’t even put in a performance when tickets were £5 and there were 18k at Deepdale with the circumstances for the game.

We all know we will start with 5 at the back. We will pass it side ways and have no idea what to do with it. Midfield will be bypassed and overran time and time again and our strikers will barely have a touch of the ball unless they create something themselves.

If the first half performance is as per Saturday we're likely to be 2 or 3 down and the reaction at half time will be far from pleasant. Time for this crop of players to stand up and show what they're about.

We should feel really positive and upbeat going into the first League derby with the lashers for over a decade.

At this moment I'd describe myself as apprehensive.

Tomorrow night will be a indicator if Frankie has learned anything at all from Saturday.

We simply can't go into Saturday at what will be a very giddy and over excited home support without something positive tomorrow.

If we play like we did in the first half in either game we will get battered. If we play like the first half at Bloomfield and end up losing then... well... we know the consequences.

The Liverpool game hasn't really crossed my mind yet.

Having listened to FTF earlier, it hit home about the Blackpool game when one of them said that they are probably the favourites on Saturday.

There's been a lot of laughing at Blackpool during the last 6 years since we leapfrogged them, but whilst we've bumbled along in this league being happy where we are whilst achieving not a lot, they've gone all the way down to League Two but come back to our level with fresh ownership and a high quality coach, who is streets above ours.

With the lack of direction and tactics on the pitch at the moment I just can't see Frankie outwitting Critchley at the weekend. But I hope I'm wrong.

First and foremost I'm very concered about tomorrow's game. Coventry, like Derby did on Saturday, like to get the ball on the deck and pass it around. We had no answer for it at all on Saturday.

In another thread, Thracia has brilliantly identified that to Frankie, pretty much all upcoming games are either 'tough' or 'very tough'. On that basis, how would anyone rank the next three fixtures? I'm going:
Coventry: 'very tough';
Blackpool: 'very, very tough';
Liverpool: no combination of adverbs and adjectives is available in English to describe the difficulty level presented by this game.

Therefore, one point, knocked out and a goal difference of minus 8 would seem to be about as much as we can hope for.
And maybe a dismissal? 🤷‍♂️

And maybe a dismissal? 🤷‍♂️
Hadn't even thought of that, but it's a great point and it would unquestionably ramp the toughness quotient even higher. Let's imagine Ledson cops for it at Bloomfield (could happen, if selected!) - then we're surely in 'very, very, very tough' territory.

Hadn't even thought of that, but it's a great point and it would unquestionably ramp the toughness quotient even higher. Let's imagine Ledson cops for it at Bloomfield (could happen, if selected!) - then we're surely in 'very, very, very tough' territory.
I probably wouldn't select Ledson tomorrow, just feel he is coasting through games and a" wee bit "over confident. I have know doubt he's decent but perhaps he needs a reminder he's not a "shoe in " every game.
We really need to start well tomorrow Coventry have improved somewhat, Blackpool, not relishing that one.

We should feel really positive and upbeat going into the first League derby with the lashers for over a decade.

At this moment I'd describe myself as apprehensive.

Tomorrow night will be a indicator if Frankie has learned anything at all from Saturday.

We simply can't go into Saturday at what will be a very giddy and over excited home support without something positive tomorrow.

If we play like we did in the first half in either game we will get battered. If we play like the first half at Bloomfield and end up losing then... well... we know the consequences.

The Liverpool game hasn't really crossed my mind yet.

If Coventry play as well as they did last season at Deepdale and if we play like we did on Saturday, then we will get well and truly stuffed.

Next Sat in dumpland won't be much better either.

I fear 3 defeats on the spin.

Coventry are a good side and we look totally devoid of any clue against teams that pass the ball at pace.

Lashers will be well fired up, realising we're on a terrible run and its a great chance to get one over on us.

Liverpool, well the less said about that one the better really. I don't even want to go.