Training Ground Bought (Confirmed)

MrHodgeheg123

Alpha male
Patron
Count me in too.
That's three of you then.
I bet Trevor's shitting himself. 😁
Personally, I don't give a care where our "new" training ground is as long as we've got one.
I'm in no doubt our owner has pulled a fast one over Ingol but he has delivered an upgrade on Springfield and at rather less £'s than it would if cost had he bought it from Bolton.
We all need to move on.

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
Mr Hemmings and Mr Ridsdale. This is how easy it would have been to come up with a statement that was honest and genuine.

"Dear PNE Fans,

As you know with your help we managed to secure a plot and planning permission to build a Premiership standard training facility at Ingol. However an opportunity has come along to secure a Premiership standard facility that is ready to go and available now.

We want to take this opportunity to thank our supporters who put in so much effort for the Ingol facility and can assure them that the finances that would have been used there will go back directly to the club to enable our continued progress to support the manager and the players.

We can now move into these facilities and the team and manager can progress the first team and the youth teams will now, finally, have their own base.

Once again we thank all those supporters who put in hours of effort to secure the planning permissions at Ingol and assure you that your efforts are appreciated and not forgotten.

Onwards and Upwards

Trevor Hemmings/Peter Ridsdale."

Instead of this we got more patronising shite from them.

pne1881

Advisor to the Owner
O M G

A totally unforseen situation has arisen for us to buy immediately an ‘oven ready ‘ training ground at a bargain price giving us better facilities almost straight away.

And guess what, there are complaints and whinging as if the whole thing was engineered for many different reasons.

If we bought Messi tomorrow I have no doubt that the same lot would be out with “he’s too old etc etc etc”.

The reality is some of you lot have just got into being fully paid up moaners.......whatever comes out of the club is wrong and it’s all about TH lining his pockets.

If we hadn’t bought it then people would complain, now we have bought people still complain.....

Sounds like a good move on a totally unexpected opportunity.

Of course it's better than what we have.

We were promised a "state of the art Premier League training facility". That's the point.

You can confirm that Euxton is state of the art I take it?

Randall Flagg

Forum Patron
Patron
An opportunity has presented itself that makes financial sense to exploit. It's a good move.

However....that does not excuse the glossing over of Ingol and the way the fans were treated as pawns. A statement is required to let us know the future of ingol and if that is now totally off the agenda (we all know it is).

It needs to be addressed formally and some gratitude given to the fans who worked tirelessly to help obtain that planning permission. The fact that Ingol hasn't even been mentioned would indicate the club would rather push that whole scheme under the carpet never to be discussed again.

europne

Advisor to the Owner
Mr Hemmings and Mr Ridsdale. This is how easy it would have been to come up with a statement that was honest and genuine.

"Dear PNE Fans,

As you know with your help we managed to secure a plot and planning permission to build a Premiership standard training facility at Ingol. However an opportunity has come along to secure a Premiership standard facility that is ready to go and available now.

We want to take this opportunity to thank our supporters who put in so much effort for the Ingol facility and can assure them that the finances that would have been used there will go back directly to the club to enable our continued progress to support the manager and the players.

We can now move into these facilities and the team and manager can progress the first team and the youth teams will now, finally, have their own base.

Once again we thank all those supporters who put in hours of effort to secure the planning permissions at Ingol and assure you that your efforts are appreciated and not forgotten.

Onwards and Upwards

Instead of this we got more patronising shite from them.

And that would have made it all ok for you?

I think maybe not.

chorleythehord

Forum Patron
Patron

"Dear PNE Fans,

Onwards and Upwards

I was just about to pen something similar myself.

There is only a fraction of difference in what the club are actually doing in so many things and what would keep supporters happy.

Shocking communication is to blame for a lot of it.

europne

Advisor to the Owner
Of course it's better than what we have.

We were promised a "state of the art Premier League training facility". That's the point.

You can confirm that Euxton is state of the art I take it?

It’s a massive improvement on what we have and it’s available almost immediately, is that not enough?

europne

Advisor to the Owner
I was just about to pen something similar myself.

There is only a fraction of difference in what the club are actually doing in so many things and what would keep supporters happy.

Shocking communication is to blame for a lot of it.

Diddums, has someone hurt your feelings?

Is this all you have to complain about?

How about a bit of praise for moving swiftly and securing this deal for the immediate benefit of our football club?...

Town_ender

Reserve
so thats Ingol officially over.

Well done JK and all the others who worked so hard to allow Hemmings to close the Golf Club and to finally achieve his dream of building houses there.

Make no mistake we supporters were used and abused as useful idiots by Hemmings.

Im disgusted.

Whilst these are a definite upgrade of facilities it is not what was said in the statement,

Stop treating us like fools.