PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Training Ground Bought (Confirmed)

This purchase delivers on our promise to bring Premier League training facilities to the football club and allows the Academy under 18 team the opportunity to move from their temporary home at UCLAN to Springfields

Good purchase from the club to allow the first team to train at Euxton from now on, with the U18s moving to Springfields.

Few questions about this:
  1. What does this mean with regards to the future of the Ingol developments?
  2. Is the training ground "Premier League ready" with the latest technological developments and innovations or was it previously at the required standard but not updated?
  3. Do we move in immediately?

"...delivers on our promise to provide Premier League training facilities to the club"

That's the end of Ingol, then?

Appreciate that they are better than Springfields but are they "Premier League facilities"? Really?

Seeing as they've not been used by a Premier League club for a long time I'm not so sure.

Having said all of that I can completely see why he's bought it.

that to me says ingol is dead

that needs to be digested and dealt with delicately by the club

but however they managed to get there to me it looks like they arrived at what everyone wanted, a better training ground... but i do wonder whether over a million invested in springies couldve delivered something equally as decent, who knows?

so thats Ingol officially over.

Well done JK and all the others who worked so hard to allow Hemmings to close the Golf Club and to finally achieve his dream of building houses there.

Make no mistake we supporters were used and abused as useful idiots by Hemmings.

Im disgusted.

Whilst these are a definite upgrade of facilities it is not what was said in the statement,

This purchase delivers on our promise to bring Premier League training facilities to the football club and allows the Academy under 18 team the opportunity to move from their temporary home at UCLAN to Springfields.

Stop treating us like fools.

Few questions about this:
  1. What does this mean with regards to the future of the Ingol developments?
  2. Is the training ground "Premier League ready" with the latest technological developments and innovations or was it previously at the required standard but not updated?
  3. Do we move in immediately?

They are making a few cosmetic upgrades first like painting and all that, but should be moving in quickly.

Believe the 16s will also be based at Springfields along with the 18s.

If I were you I’d forget about Ingol.

Last edited:
No one can argue that this doesn’t make absolute sense. It’s a bit of a get out of jail free card for Mr Hemmings after the Ingol Debacle, but he will no doubt say that his patience policy haS paid off. Imagine we had forked out £10m on developing Ingol in the past couple of years when one just down the road became available for a fraction of the cost.

You have got to hand it to him in this respect , land deals are what he does best and where he undoubtedly has the Midas touch.

No one can argue that this doesn’t make absolute sense. It’s a bit of a get out of jail free card for Mr Hemmings after the Ingol Debacle, but he will no doubt say that his patience policy haS paid off. Imagine we had forked out £10m on developing Ingol in the past couple of years when one just down the road became available for a fraction of the cost.

You have got to hand it to him in this respect , land deals are what he does beat and where he undoubtedly has the Midas touch.

only took a global pandemic so i wouldnt overdo the wisdom, but i get your point

so thats Ingol officially over.

Well done JK and all the others who worked so hard to allow Hemmings to close the Golf Club and to finally achieve his dream of building houses there.

Make no mistake we supporters were used and abused as useful idiots by Hemmings.

Im disgusted.

Whilst these are a definite upgrade of facilities it is not what was said in the statement,

Stop treating us like fools.

They actually promised a state of the art premiership ready training ground. I agree with every word you say.

What about indoor training facilities?

If this is a permanent move to Euxton hopefully the site can be expanded by trying to buy the driving range etc next door to add more pitches, artificial, indoor etc. in due course.

You have got to hand it to him in this respect , land deals are what he does best and where he undoubtedly has the Midas touch.

Yes he deserves as much respect as he has given the fans.

Can’t argue?
“Over the last couple of weeks an opportunity presented itself where we could buy a ‘Premier League ready’ training ground at Euxton which had previously been developed at substantial cost by Bolton Wanderers Football Club and then subsequently purchased by Wigan Athletic.

We can now confirm that we have purchased the Euxton training ground from the Administrator at Wigan Athletic. Completion took place this morning, 1st September 2020.

This purchase delivers on our promise to bring Premier League training facilities to the football club and allows the Academy under 18 team the opportunity to move from their temporary home at UCLAN to Springfields.“

Another enlightening statement from PR.
premier league ready” - debateable, was then, now?
developed at substantial cost” - we’ve spent money this window (but somebody else spent more); don’t ask for a striker, you can’t have both!
This purchase delivers on our promise to bring Premier League training facilities to the football club..” - so Ingol is a dead duck. Thanks for all you did, but screw you I’ve got houses to build. In fact, forget the thanks.

I utterly despair at how this club is being run.

You say I can’t argue; I beg to differ.
You applaud TH’s “Midas touch” with regard land deals. With respect, that is self evident with regard his achievements and personal wealth accrued from those dealings.
Also with respect, this is a forum to discuss PNE matters. My comments relate to his dealings as steward of this great club, with regard the business and fan base . In respect of which I find him sadly lacking and duplicitous.