PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Training Ground Bought (Confirmed)

If and it's a big if.
If buying Euxton cheaper than developing Ingol is a financial no brainer. If TH can now build more houses at Ingol. Will this then free up more investment in the squad?

so thats Ingol officially over.

Well done JK and all the others who worked so hard to allow Hemmings to close the Golf Club and to finally achieve his dream of building houses there.

Make no mistake we supporters were used and abused as useful idiots by Hemmings.

Im disgusted.

Whilst these are a definite upgrade of facilities it is not what was said in the statement,

Stop treating us like fools.
It was established some time ago that the Ingol development was either unlikely to happen OR was years away. I think its time we moved on from the feelings that many of have had over that whole debacle. What Euxton represents is a significant improvement from the Springfield training ground and an excellent facility that is ready to go NOW. This is significant progress for the club & I, for one, am relieved that it is being used for football purposes and not purchase by TH for a housing development

I for one will be watching out for when he attempts to change the planning permission for the land at Ingol which was designated for the training ground.

I will put in objection after objection to PCC.

raefil, I will be right by your side.

O M G

A totally unforseen situation has arisen for us to buy immediately an ‘oven ready ‘ training ground at a bargain price giving us better facilities almost straight away.

And guess what, there are complaints and whinging as if the whole thing was engineered for many different reasons.

If we bought Messi tomorrow I have no doubt that the same lot would be out with “he’s too old etc etc etc”.

The reality is some of you lot have just got into being fully paid up moaners.......whatever comes out of the club is wrong and it’s all about TH lining his pockets.

If we hadn’t bought it then people would complain, now we have bought people still complain.....

Sounds like a good move on a totally unexpected opportunity.

It was established some time ago that the Ingol development was either unlikely to happen OR was years away. I think its time we moved on from the feelings that many of have had over that whole debacle. What Euxton represents is a significant improvement from the Springfield training ground and an excellent facility that is ready to go NOW. This is significant progress for the club & I, for one, am relieved that it is being used for football purposes and not purchase by TH for a housing development

This is the very reason TH used the fans in the Ingol debacle and then it never happened, he did it because he could. He can do what he likes, because people act like doormats. If football was boxing we’d be knocked out in the first round after begging to be punched some more.

This should help to move us forward somewhat as a club (although looking at the fate of both Bolton and Wigan then maybe it is cursed). I’m not comfortable with how Hemmings has gone about the whole Ingol debacle, but these things happen in business (probably more than many people think). If it benefits the club in the long run then it’ll do for me.

If and it's a big if.
If buying Euxton cheaper than developing Ingol is a financial no brainer. If TH can now build more houses at Ingol. Will this then free up more investment in the squad?

When the football club sells a key player, it doesn't affect or improve the transfer budget.

The sale of houses or the success of any other parts of Hemmings' business empire aren't going to have an impact on how the club is run or squad investment.

so thats Ingol officially over.

Well done JK and all the others who worked so hard to allow Hemmings to close the Golf Club and to finally achieve his dream of building houses there.

Make no mistake we supporters were used and abused as useful idiots by Hemmings.

Im disgusted.

Whilst these are a definite upgrade of facilities it is not what was said in the statement,

Stop treating us like fools.

Obviously he knew ages ago that we would be buying this facility and Wigan going into receivership.

And it’s quite sensible to have 2 training grounds.........

Its great news for the club, I am sure AN and the players are delighted. It should help us attract players also as its where they go to work day to day.

I'm grateful as always to Hemmings for putting his money into the club when its such a whopping amount of money P/A that is needed for us to compete. I know some think he could/should do more and I see the argument but we can't force him to.

However...I do think the way they're skirting around the Ingol issue and the subsequent anger of the people that helped them push through the planning is a PR disaster. I don't think they ever had much intention of building it if they're honest. The club could have such a better relationship with the fan base. They just seem to chose not to.

This purchase delivers on our promise to bring Premier League training facilities to the football club

I mean all we really had to do was get promoted to get 'premier league facilities' you could train in a park and be in the prem and have 'premier league facilities'

O M G

A totally unforseen situation has arisen for us to buy immediately an ‘oven ready ‘ training ground at a bargain price giving us better facilities almost straight away.

And guess what, there are complaints and whinging as if the whole thing was engineered for many different reasons.

If we bought Messi tomorrow I have no doubt that the same lot would be out with “he’s too old etc etc etc”.

The reality is some of you lot have just got into being fully paid up moaners.......whatever comes out of the club is wrong and it’s all about TH lining his pockets.

If we hadn’t bought it then people would complain, now we have bought people still complain.....

Sounds like a good move on a totally unexpected opportunity.

Ladies and Gentlemen can I have your attention please.

The biggest knob on the forum has something else to say about you all.

I think in a business sense, it would have been a missed opportunity if he didn't buy the Euxton training ground, improvement on what we've got at the moment and give the U18's the opportunity to train at springfields, short term it looks fantastic

BUT - If this is a way of trying to pull the wool over our eyes regarding the absolute shitstorm the potential Ingol training ground has become and this is in fact the long term solution, and the 'Premier league standard training ground' that has been promised, then I'm sorry but we're not that easily convinced!

training ground location really opens the club up to a massively altered catchment area, manchester, around leeds, merseyside all within an hour away

Definitely can't hurt to shave another 30 mins off a commute from Manchester for any potential United/City loan targets.

For me, this just draws a line under Ingol - I don't care what Hemmings does with the houses now... there's no way we're going to build a new training ground on top of owning this. That's it.

It’s definitely a step up facilities wise but not what we were promised, while Trevor has fallen lucky timing wise and we have saved money it still feels like the fans were taken for a ride let’s face it Ingol wasn’t going to happen . So it’s mixed feelings for me I just think Trevor is a lucky man I suppose when your rich you can make your own luck .

I think in a business sense, it would have been a missed opportunity if he didn't buy the Euxton training ground, improvement on what we've got at the moment and give the U18's the opportunity to train at springfields, short term it looks fantastic

BUT - If this is a way of trying to pull the wool over our eyes regarding the absolute shitstorm the potential Ingol training ground has become and this is in fact the long term solution, and the 'Premier league standard training ground' that has been promised, then I'm sorry but we're not that easily convinced!
If the club add an indoor training pitch we would be close to having a Premier League training ground.