Tramway bridge closed on Avenham Park.

222Mark

Serial killer of note
Patron

A popular route i'm sure amongst many of us on here, i was only leaning on the railings looking into the river myself on Sunday :eek:

beagleman

Reserve
Speaking to two cops on monday in park who were assigned to catch moped riders coming over from Lostock hall way into town. They were in a plain x5. Sat up by the bridge. Be a massive hit if it gets shut. You can use the old railway line one though.

Aitch

Forum Patron
Patron
Can't remember which bridge we used, but always remember having to trapse through Avenham Park when i was at Cath Coll to get to our playing fields on Factory Lane. You were knackered by the time you got there!!

PNE-Karl

Reserve
What a shame they've closed it. I've always loved the walk from Lostock Hall or Bamber Bridge along the old disused East Lancs railway and then along Tram Road through the avenue of trees to cross the Ribble into Avenham Park. Get the bloody thing fixed Preston Council!!!

McGuink

First Team
Is it Preston Council's responsibility? Why not South Ribble?
They will probably need funding from Central Government,
this could cost millions.

PNEPPC

First Team
Can't remember which bridge we used, but always remember having to trapse through Avenham Park when i was at Cath Coll to get to our playing fields on Factory Lane. You were knackered by the time you got there!!
And then you had to run back to the bloody thing if they decided to do a cross country!

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
And then you had to run back to the bloody thing if they decided to do a cross country!

Thanks for reminding me about cross country running when the weather was too bad to play football on the pitches at Factory Lane.............. Bloody hated it. :)

Sid Snot

Manager - East Cheam FC
Patron
Railway bridge, made that trip more than a few times myself; tram bridge was the long way to Factory Lane.