PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer gossip - Summer Window 2021

I think some people are forgetting that most of the crap currently unsaleable was brought in by that well known negotiator and all round good egg aka Riddler.
Most we can expect is that incoming will consist of either an "has been" or a "never will be" and who has a sick note as long as your arm.
Even one "better than we have" is not good enough to save PR from the wrath of a thousand supporters. Time ti admit defeat PR - you have failed again

I don’t get the reluctance to make something happen, even if we have to pay a bit over the odds at this stage. Riis, Sep and Iversen have shown there is quality out there in our budget so why not build on that.

A couple of defeats in September and it’s a long, long wait until January.

Hello.
I read these forums but rarely post. However really feel frustrated by my club. I was so close to not renewing my season ticket but after seeing us sign Izzy brown and hearing what Risdale said about this summer being the ‘real deal’ where we were going to really change our squad and invest with real quality and get rid of all the deadwood! I’m beyond disappointed with this window. 1 transfer where we’ve paid money for and 3 free transfers and resigning 2 players back on loan is not the real deal. I know we need to get rid of players but all we hear about is the wage cap in league 1. Why have these players been offered so much money with us then! Surely it’d make sense to offload them and get a percentage of there wages off the books, especially if there not going to play. I’m aware that saturdays result/ performance was quality but really worried that it’s papering over the cracks. I don’t think we’ll be relegated this year as I reckon there’s 3 worse clubs than us but the clubs only going one way and I’m not happy about it.

I've not been following. That's definitely a joke isn't it? Please?

Rafferty managed nearly 0% pass completion against Morecambe.
Nope. Both will be staying, there was interest in Rafferty earlier in the window and “underwhelming loan interest in League 1” for Harrop

I think some people are forgetting that most of the crap currently unsaleable was brought in by that well known negotiator and all round good egg aka Riddler.
Most we can expect is that incoming will consist of either an "has been" or a "never will be" and who has a sick note as long as your arm.
Even one "better than we have" is not good enough to save PR from the wrath of a thousand supporters. Time ti admit defeat PR - you have failed again

Connor Wickham reporting for fucking duty. Ticks every box of the Riddler's 'waste of fucking cash' checklist.

Tbh I wasnt expecting any signings or major surprises. We can't shift players those in charge have signed and extended and we're totally inept in the transfer market, you do wonder how beet is feeling - hopefully as unimpressived as us. Let all those apologiests and those who excuse how poorly things have been run know one thing, the 6, 7, 8... 12m that's invested season on season to keep it going is greatly appreciated, but let's not kid ourselves - that amount of investment is only required because of the piss poor and chronic mismanagement of the squad. Using the £6m+ a year investment to stop us voicing things could be done better should be seen in this light, the investment required to keep us going is of their own making.