Transfer Window Overview - January 2021

gazzaholly

Admin Support
Staff member
Patron
CURRENT SQUAD

GK: Daniel Iversen (On Loan to June 2021)
GK: Matthew Hudson (Contracted to June 2022)
GK: Connor Ripley (Contracted to June 2022)
GK: Declan Rudd (Contracted to June 2023)

DF: Ben Davies (Contracted to June 2021)
DF: Darnell Fisher (Contracted to June 2021)
DF: Paul Huntington (New Contract to June 2022)
DF: Jordan Storey (Contracted to June 2022)
DF: Joe Rafferty (Contracted to June 2022)
DF: Patrick Bauer (Contracted to June 2022)
DF: Andrew Hughes (Contracted to June 2022)
DF: Josh Earl (Contracted to June 2023)

MF: Jayson Molumby (On Loan to June 2021)
MF: Paul Gallagher (Contracted to June 2021)
MF: Ben Pearson (Contracted to June 2021)
MF: Daniel Johnson (Contracted to June 2021)
MF: Jack Baxter (Contracted to June 2022)
MF: Tom Bayliss (Contracted to June 2023)
MF: Ryan Ledson (Contracted to June 2023)
MF: Adam O'Reilly (Contracted to June 2023)
MF: Alan Browne (New Contract to June 2024)
MF: Ben Whiteman (Contracted to June 2024)

MF/FW: Billy Bodin (Contracted to June 2021)
MF/FW: Tom Barkhuizen (Contracted to June 2022)
MF/FW: Brad Potts (Contracted to June 2022)
MF/FW: Scott Sinclair (Contracted to June 2022)

FW: Ched Evans (On Loan to June 2021)
FW: Louis Moult (Contracted to June 2021)
FW: David Nugent (Contracted to June 2021)
FW: Sean Maguire (Contracted to June 2023)
FW: Emil Riis Jakobsen (Contracted to June 2024)

INCOMING
GK: Daniel Iversen (End of Season Loan from Leicester)
MF: Jayson Molumby (End of Season loan from Brighton)
FW: Ched Evans (End of Season Loan from Fleetwood)
MF: Ben Whiteman (£1.6m from Doncaster)

OUTGOING
MF: Josh Harrop (Contract June 2023) (Loan) End of season loan to Ipswich.
FW: Jayden Stockley (Contract June 2022) (Loan) End of season loan to Charlton.
MF/FW: Ethan Walker (Contract 2022) (Loan) End of season loan to Carlisle

ALREADY OUT ON LOAN
MF: Graham Burke (Contract June 2021) (Loan) End of season loan to Shamrock Rovers
MF/FW: Josh Ginnelly (Contract June 2021) (Loan) End of season loan to Hearts.

For previous transfer window summaries, please visit this page

Last edited by a moderator:

SMURF

Forum Patron
Patron
I fear this window will see more going than coming and worryingly incoming not even as high a standard as those they might replace

Garden Gnome

First Team
There are older players like Gallagher and Huntington who may well be getting towards the end of their careers who we could lose and although we would miss them it would not be disastrous.
To lose any of Davies, Fisher, Pearson, Browne, Johnson, Bodin would be poor management. I mean, rank bad management. The occasional one on a Bosman yes, but seven at once???? The prospect of losing them without proper compensation is almost criminal. The affect on the team this season is bad enough but to replace them for next season would be impossible and expect the club to compete at this level.
How anyone in authority at Director level and with influence on player recruitment and retention can have allowed this to happen ....and stay in their post... is totally unbelievable.
Would this happen at Old Trafford? Would Spurs allow seven young, regular first team players to run down their contracts?
Of course they wouldn't. .... and if it wouldn't happen at Old Trafford or the new White Hart Lane it shouldn't happen at Deepdale.

I always thought we were better than that....but I started watching in the 1960's.
I strongly believe that the expectations of fans at PNE are significantly higher than those who run the club.

I feel that TH doesn't want to go down the road of ever increasing contracts which is why he's holding out.

Let's be honest, Pearson is good for us but he's very limited. He can close the game down but rarely does he open it up.

Davies. Hasn't progressed as much as I thought that he would. Solid player but found wanting against quick forwards.

DJ. Quality on his day and would be missed but I think he'll sign a new contract.

Fisher. Mm. I'm in a minority here.

He's a liability that could be replaced very cheaply. His positional play is awful. That's why he commits so many fouls. We can do a lot better than him. SELL !

Given the precarious state of football, I'd be surprised if they all don't sign to stay.

If they want to leave then fine, let them go.
Personally, I don't want any player here that would rather be elsewhere.

iamaternenthat_

First Team
12 out of contract in summer
I would let 7 go: Ginelly, Burke, Nugent, Moult, Bodin, Hunts & Gally leave.
I would look to keep 5: Fisher, Davies, Browne, Pearo & DJ but looks loke they could all be off.
12 players down.

Leaves us with 20 players. 3 goalies, 3 kids and others who have barely played. It really is quite something.

GK RUDD
GK RIPLEY
GK HUDSON
DF HUGHES
DF EARL
DF BAUER
DF STOREY
DF RAFFERTY
MDFD SINCLAIR
MDFD BARKY
MDFD LEDSON
MDFD POTTS
MDFD HARROP
MDFD BAYLISS
MDFD O'REILLY
MDFD BAXTER
FWD RIIS
FWD MAGUIRE
FWD STOCKLEY
FWD WALKER.

Schemer

Forum Patron
Patron
I would look to keep 5: Fisher, Davies, Browne, Pearo & DJ but looks loke they could all be off.
12 players down.

Leaves us with 20 players. 3 goalies, 3 kids and others who have barely played. It really is quite something.

GK RUDD
GK RIPLEY
GK HUDSON
DF HUGHES
DF EARL
DF BAUER
DF STOREY
DF RAFFERTY
MDFD SINCLAIR
MDFD BARKY
MDFD LEDSON
MDFD POTTS
MDFD HARROP
MDFD BAYLISS
MDFD O'REILLY
MDFD BAXTER
FWD RIIS
FWD MAGUIRE
FWD STOCKLEY
FWD WALKER.
Huntington has been offered a deal. I can't see him not signing, unless it involves a pay cut, and with Bauer out and Davies possibly on his way, we can't afford to lose another centre half. He may be limited at this level, but he plays like he actually cares - as his performance as recently as Friday showed.

LancasterRed

Mad Scientist
With regrads to contracts, would relegation change our minds on some players? Ginnelly did well in League One, Hunts would be more comfortable there, etc.

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
12 players down.

GK RUDD
GK RIPLEY
GK HUDSON
DF HUGHES
DF EARL
DF BAUER
DF STOREY
DF RAFFERTY
MDFD SINCLAIR
MDFD BARKY
MDFD LEDSON
MDFD POTTS
MDFD HARROP
MDFD BAYLISS
MDFD O'REILLY
MDFD BAXTER
FWD RIIS
FWD MAGUIRE
FWD STOCKLEY
FWD WALKER.
That's a relegation squad over 46 games. Even adding 3 or 4 L1/L2 punts, it's still a relegation squad.

With regrads to contracts, would relegation change our minds on some players? Ginnelly did well in League One, Hunts would be more comfortable there, etc.
If we were relegated, standard operating procedure for TH is to slash £5m off the wage bill, to make up for the lost Championship TV money.

So relegation would mean a whole other (lower) level of squad quality.

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
Huntington has been offered a deal. I can't see him not signing, unless it involves a pay cut, and with Bauer out and Davies possibly on his way, we can't afford to lose another centre half. He may be limited at this level, but he plays like he actually cares - as his performance as recently as Friday showed.
Huntington will have to take a pay cut wherever he next contract is.

If it’s not here it will be in League One where there is a salary cap.

I expect he will sign here on reduced terms. Not sure it’s something we should be committing to though.

Schemer

Forum Patron
Patron
Huntington will have to take a pay cut wherever he next contract is.

If it’s not here it will be in League One where there is a salary cap.

I expect he will sign here on reduced terms. Not sure it’s something we should be committing to though.
So if we let Huntington go, he'll need to be replaced, as will Davies if he leaves. That still leaves us one short in Bauer's absence. Can you see us signing, potentially, three centre halves (of the required quality)?

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
So if we let Huntington go, he'll need to be replaced, as will Davies if he leaves. That still leaves us one short in Bauer's absence. Can you see us signing, potentially, three centre halves (of the required quality)?
We're apparently going to try to sign a right sided centre half next month. Bauer will be back next season. If Davies goes we will look to sign a left footed CB.

We need Huntington as cover for the rest of this season but I don't think he will be needed next season, and he himself isn't of the "required quality" either.

Baldygit

Forum Patron
Patron
Anybody who thinks TH and PR will manage to improve the squad during the January window will be disappointed. The will TRY to bring in players that would improve the squad but if you pay peanuts you get monkeys, No doubt the usual platitudes will be spouted but actual class incomings will be thin on the ground.