PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that TH doesn't want to go down the road of ever increasing contracts which is why he's holding out.

Let's be honest, Pearson is good for us but he's very limited. He can close the game down but rarely does he open it up.

Davies. Hasn't progressed as much as I thought that he would. Solid player but found wanting against quick forwards.

DJ. Quality on his day and would be missed but I think he'll sign a new contract.

Fisher. Mm. I'm in a minority here.

He's a liability that could be replaced very cheaply. His positional play is awful. That's why he commits so many fouls. We can do a lot better than him. SELL !

Given the precarious state of football, I'd be surprised if they all don't sign to stay.

If they want to leave then fine, let them go.
Personally, I don't want any player here that would rather be elsewhere.

12 out of contract in summer
I would let 7 go: Ginelly, Burke, Nugent, Moult, Bodin, Hunts & Gally leave.
I would look to keep 5: Fisher, Davies, Browne, Pearo & DJ but looks loke they could all be off.
12 players down.

Leaves us with 20 players. 3 goalies, 3 kids and others who have barely played. It really is quite something.

GK RUDD
GK RIPLEY
GK HUDSON
DF HUGHES
DF EARL
DF BAUER
DF STOREY
DF RAFFERTY
MDFD SINCLAIR
MDFD BARKY
MDFD LEDSON
MDFD POTTS
MDFD HARROP
MDFD BAYLISS
MDFD O'REILLY
MDFD BAXTER
FWD RIIS
FWD MAGUIRE
FWD STOCKLEY
FWD WALKER.

I would look to keep 5: Fisher, Davies, Browne, Pearo & DJ but looks loke they could all be off.
12 players down.

Leaves us with 20 players. 3 goalies, 3 kids and others who have barely played. It really is quite something.

GK RUDD
GK RIPLEY
GK HUDSON
DF HUGHES
DF EARL
DF BAUER
DF STOREY
DF RAFFERTY
MDFD SINCLAIR
MDFD BARKY
MDFD LEDSON
MDFD POTTS
MDFD HARROP
MDFD BAYLISS
MDFD O'REILLY
MDFD BAXTER
FWD RIIS
FWD MAGUIRE
FWD STOCKLEY
FWD WALKER.
Huntington has been offered a deal. I can't see him not signing, unless it involves a pay cut, and with Bauer out and Davies possibly on his way, we can't afford to lose another centre half. He may be limited at this level, but he plays like he actually cares - as his performance as recently as Friday showed.

With regrads to contracts, would relegation change our minds on some players? Ginnelly did well in League One, Hunts would be more comfortable there, etc.

12 players down.

GK RUDD
GK RIPLEY
GK HUDSON
DF HUGHES
DF EARL
DF BAUER
DF STOREY
DF RAFFERTY
MDFD SINCLAIR
MDFD BARKY
MDFD LEDSON
MDFD POTTS
MDFD HARROP
MDFD BAYLISS
MDFD O'REILLY
MDFD BAXTER
FWD RIIS
FWD MAGUIRE
FWD STOCKLEY
FWD WALKER.
That's a relegation squad over 46 games. Even adding 3 or 4 L1/L2 punts, it's still a relegation squad.

With regrads to contracts, would relegation change our minds on some players? Ginnelly did well in League One, Hunts would be more comfortable there, etc.
If we were relegated, standard operating procedure for TH is to slash £5m off the wage bill, to make up for the lost Championship TV money.

So relegation would mean a whole other (lower) level of squad quality.

Huntington has been offered a deal. I can't see him not signing, unless it involves a pay cut, and with Bauer out and Davies possibly on his way, we can't afford to lose another centre half. He may be limited at this level, but he plays like he actually cares - as his performance as recently as Friday showed.
Huntington will have to take a pay cut wherever he next contract is.

If it’s not here it will be in League One where there is a salary cap.

I expect he will sign here on reduced terms. Not sure it’s something we should be committing to though.

Huntington will have to take a pay cut wherever he next contract is.

If it’s not here it will be in League One where there is a salary cap.

I expect he will sign here on reduced terms. Not sure it’s something we should be committing to though.
So if we let Huntington go, he'll need to be replaced, as will Davies if he leaves. That still leaves us one short in Bauer's absence. Can you see us signing, potentially, three centre halves (of the required quality)?

So if we let Huntington go, he'll need to be replaced, as will Davies if he leaves. That still leaves us one short in Bauer's absence. Can you see us signing, potentially, three centre halves (of the required quality)?
We're apparently going to try to sign a right sided centre half next month. Bauer will be back next season. If Davies goes we will look to sign a left footed CB.

We need Huntington as cover for the rest of this season but I don't think he will be needed next season, and he himself isn't of the "required quality" either.

Anybody who thinks TH and PR will manage to improve the squad during the January window will be disappointed. The will TRY to bring in players that would improve the squad but if you pay peanuts you get monkeys, No doubt the usual platitudes will be spouted but actual class incomings will be thin on the ground.

Did anyone catch that interview with DJ on ITV news? Only caught the last bit running ntonthe TV when I realised. Interviewer asked a question about promotion and DJ said something like "getting this team into the Premier League has always been the goal" or "playing with this in the Premier League has always been the goal"

Now can anyone confirm / correct me before I get my hopes up?

Did anyone catch that interview with DJ on ITV news? Only caught the last bit running ntonthe TV when I realised. Interviewer asked a question about promotion and DJ said something like "getting this team into the Premier League has always been the goal" or "playing with this in the Premier League has always been the goal"

Now can anyone confirm / correct me before I get my hopes up?
The last question DJ was asked was wouldn’t it be nice if this time next year we could be doing a Q & A with you as a Premier League Player and DJ obviously replied Yes it would............the only thing is DJ didn’t say it would be with Preston.......he didn’t say it wouldn’t be with Preston either.😉

The last question DJ was asked was wouldn’t it be nice if this time next year we could be doing a Q & A with you as a Premier League Player and DJ obviously replied Yes it would............the only thing is DJ didn’t say it would be with Preston.......he didn’t say it wouldn’t be with Preston either.😉
Damn I knew it was too good to be true

are we taking bets to see what post number this reaches before anyone is signed

Status
Not open for further replies.