PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be interesting to hear the reasoning behind this
poundnotesconcept.jpg

To be fair, think Chip or another ITK said the offer for Fisher was unexpected. Nevertheless, it doesn’t seem like we had any plans to offer him a new contract.
A last minute approach can hardly be unexpected in the circumstances. Simpson doesn't sound great and it to be hoped we have other irons in the fire.

I do think any RB we sign before window closes will be a backup for Browne, who I do think will be almost trialled in that position for the rest of the season. Won’t be expecting any addition to set the pulse racing. Simpson can fuck off though.

A move I’d like to see is Emmanuel from Hull. Been on bench last few games with Coyle playing.

The squad was stale, I’m glad we’re doing a bit on an overhaul. This group have done okay but I’m certainly not going to lose sleep over any of this lot leaving as long as they are adequately replaced, and up to now the club have done excellent business so let’s see how it plays out.

I do think any RB we sign before window closes will be a backup for Browne, who I do think will be almost trialled in that position for the rest of the season. Won’t be expecting any addition to set the pulse racing. Simpson can fuck off though.
Yep, this is my fear too.

I know those high up in the club believe Browne could be sold to a Prem team for big money as a right back. Not convinced myself.

I know but I meant Neil has stopped picking him last 2 games because of the non-contract offer. So the same boat as Pearson as the club wanted to sell him
Neil didn’t select him in the last 2 games because he’s been severely out of form and we’ve signed new midfielders who he wanted to play. Moving Browne to RB ensured we kept our captain in the starting XI and he’s no stranger to the position

Nothing to do with a contract situation and if anything, Neil seemed convinced something would be sorted that would keep him at the club

Can’t see this one going down well with the manager

If RBs have already been on the agenda I wonder if we've looked at Jazz Richards at all?

6 months ago I'd have been gutted to see Fisher leave, but the blokes become a liability. AN was having to sub him virtually every game because he couldn't trust him to stay on the pitch. You simply cannot have a player like that in your team, hence AN trusting Brown and probably Rafferty before him.

Yep, this is my fear too.

I know those high up in the club believe Browne could be sold to a Prem team for big money as a right back. Not convinced myself.
He’s shown signs of promise playing there but has a lot to work on before he can be considered as effective as Fisher IMO.

"He had his hands on her throat threatening to strangle her. Hardly GBH"

Is that or is that not what you said?

You know that strangling kills people and is the most often used form of domestic abuse and control.

Yes that’s what I said. It’s there in writing. I also said I don’t defend it but expect that the justice system dealt with it as the law prescribes. I wasn’t there, neither were you so it isn’t fair for either of us to judge him in any way beyond this.

What stops a player with 6 months left refusing to agree terms with another side so they get the full signing on fee associated with no transfer fee?

Nothing, but there's no direct translation of money, it's a question of whether the player wants to wait and chance the open market.

Status
Not open for further replies.