PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - January 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazzaholly

Admin Support
Staff member
Patron
CURRENT SQUAD

PositionNameContract ExpiryNotes
GoalkeeperOliver Lombard*June 2022 (+ 1Yr option)
GoalkeeperMatthew HudsonJune 2022
GoalkeeperConnor RipleyJune 2022
GoalkeeperDaniel IversonJune 2022 (End of Loan)On loan from Leicester
GoalkeeperDeclan RuddJune 2023
DefenderPaul HuntingtonJune 2022
DefenderBambo DiabyJune 2022
DefenderSepp Van Den BergJune 2022 (End of Loan)On loan from Liverpool
DefenderJoe RaffertyJune 2022
DefenderJosh EarlJune 2023
DefenderGreg CunninghamJune 2023
DefenderLiam LindsayJune 2023
DefenderMatthew OlosundeJune 2023
DefenderAndrew HughesJune 2024New Contract to 2024
DefenderPatrick BauerJune 2024New Contract to 2024
MidfielderRyan LedsonJune 2023
MidfielderDaniel JohnsonJune 2023
MidfielderAlan BrowneJune 2024
MidfielderBen WhitemanJune 2024
MidfielderLewis Leigh*June 2024
MidfielderAli McCannJune 2025
Mid/ForwardJosh MurphyJune 2022 (End of Loan)On loan from Cardiff
Mid/ForwardTom BarkhuizenJune 2022
Mid/ForwardScott SinclairJune 2022
Mid/ForwardEthan Walker*June 2022
Mid/ForwardIzzy BrownJune 2022 (+1 Yr option)
Mid/ForwardBrad PottsJune 2024
ForwardCameron ArcherJune 2022 (End of Loan)On loan from Aston Villa
ForwardChed EvansJune 2023
ForwardSean MaguireJune 2023
ForwardEmil Riis JakobsenJune 2025
FUTURE CONTRACTS
DefenderJosh Seary*June 2024Pro contract from Sept 2022
Mid/ForwardNoah Mawene*June 2024Pro contract from Feb 2023

Players with an * after their name count as U21 players and are therefore not included in the 25 man squad limit. Loan players cannot be counted for the U21 rule, regardless of age.

INCOMING
PositionNameFeeNotes
ForwardCameron ArcherLoan from Aston VillaLink
DefenderBambo DiabyFree Agent - FreeLink

OUTGOING
PositionNamePNE Contract ExpiryFeeNotes
ForwardConnor WickhamN/AReleasedLink
DefenderJordan StoreyJune 2025Loan to Sheff WednesdayLink
MidfielderAdam O’Reilly*June 2023Loan to St Patrick’sLink
DefenderLewis Coulton*June 2022 + 1YrLoan to Warrington TownLink
ForwardJacob Holland-Wilkinson*June 2022 + 1YrLoan to Bamber BridgeLink
Mid/ForwardJamie ThomasJune 2022 +1YrLoan to HalifaxLink
MidfielderJosh HarropJune 2023Loan to Fleetwood TownLink
ForwardJoe Rodwell-Grant*June 2022 +1YrLoan to Lancaster CityLink

ALREADY OUT ON LOAN
PositionNameContract ExpiryNotes
MidfielderTom BaylissJune 2023On loan to Wigan until June 2022
MidfielderJack Baxter*June 2022Loan at Radcliffe Borough extended to end of season

For previous transfer window summaries, please visit this page.

Last edited:
June 2022 could be a real brown trouser time for quite a lot of the Squad.

Yep and it isn't as easy to get a club nowadays if you are an average player, lot of journeymen out of work without much chance of getting a club.

Jordan Storey - 2025 ! Goodness. This guy ain’t going to improve to justify that length of contract. No way

June 2022 could be a real brown trouser time for quite a lot of the Squad.
And even with 20 players out of contract/end of loan at the end of this season, we’re still left with a squad of 19. Action some of the 1 Year options on contracts and we’re already looking at a reasonable sized squad before starting any wheeling/dealing. It just shows how much we have stockpiled bang average players. We have to start going for quality over quantity, backed up with a dusting of youth prospects.

I can't see much incoming in January to be honest. Wickham & Ripley out for sure 🤞. I think that Wilkinson & Grant may see their chance of a first team game or two though. But we'll just have to wait and see what CH sanctions from the limited purse.

I can't see much incoming in January to be honest. Wickham & Ripley out for sure 🤞. I think that Wilkinson & Grant may see their chance of a first team game or two though. But we'll just have to wait and see what CH sanctions from the limited purse.
Rodwell Grant isn’t ready for a first team place yet. Holland Wilkinson needs a proper loan. Neither of them are doing to be our goalscoring answer

Rodwell Grant isn’t ready for a first team place yet. Holland Wilkinson needs a proper loan. Neither of them are doing to be our goalscoring answer
That's as maybe James, but unless I read it wrong they are doing alright in the Reserves, and is that not why we re-entered the Central League, to give senior football chances to the ones missing out and/or returning from injury.

That's as maybe James, but unless I read it wrong they are doing alright in the Reserves, and is that not why we re-entered the Central League, to give senior football chances to the ones missing out and/or returning from injury.
They’re doing well in the central league against other teams youth teams. Holland Wilkinson is also doing very well at youth level, but needs a loan to prove himself. Rodwell Grant is having a very poor loan spell at Brig, a level where if he’s good enough for the first team here, he should be ripping up trees - like Lewis Coulton is

They’re doing well in the central league against other teams youth teams. Holland Wilkinson is also doing very well at youth level, but needs a loan to prove himself. Rodwell Grant is having a very poor loan spell at Brig, a level where if he’s good enough for the first team here, he should be ripping up trees - like Lewis Coulton is
Ahh, thanks again for that James, I'm not that much in the know so to speak, but I would hate to see us loose them form lack of opportunity like we did with Tyrhys Dolan. Moving on...

So if I’ve got my Maths right, that’s 5 goalkeepers, 11 defenders, 9 midfielders, 7 attacking midfielders and 6 forwards (33 in total) of which 19 are potentially out of contract in the next 6 months. Somebody has one hell of a job to sort out which contracts to renew. There are some big names still not signed up beyond this season - Bauer and Barkhuizen being the standout ones and worryingly just one goalkeeper left in contract by June.

So if I’ve got my Maths right, that’s 5 goalkeepers, 11 defenders, 9 midfielders, 7 attacking midfielders and 6 forwards (33 in total) of which 19 are potentially out of contract in the next 6 months. Somebody has one hell of a job to sort out which contracts to renew. There are some big names still not signed up beyond this season - Bauer and Barkhuizen being the standout ones and worryingly just one goalkeeper left in contract by June.
I expect to see quite a few of those one year options taken on the younger lads though, just because we'll need bodies owing to those expected to leave when contracts expire and others who may be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.