PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - Summer 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
INS: Clark Carlisle (Burnley), Iain Turner (Everton), Brian McLean (Falkirk), Graham Alexander (Burnley), Juhvel Tsoumou (Alemannia Aachen), Steven Smith (Norwich), Keammar Daley (Tivoli Gardens), Neil Mellor (Sheffield Wednesday)

OUTS: Billy Jones (West Brom), Chris Brown (Doncaster), Wayne Brown (Free Agent), Neil Trotman (Rochdale), Sean St Ledger (Leicester), Andy Lonergan (Leeds), Keith Treacy (Burnley), Paul Hayes (Charlton), Darren Carter (Free Agent)

Said this to me on the day that Treacy was sold, I would have snapped your hands off... overall not a bad summer and there's some decent players in there that are certainly good enough to push for promotion!

Mellor is in an incoming to me, we would have kept Hayes/Brown or signed Ellington if he had left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of those signings, I would have been happy with in the Championship. Only bothered about Billy Jones and Treacy leaving but Jones transfer was always inevitable and I think we have an adequate replacement for Treacy now. We've also got Mellor back which has helped our strength up front and our youngsters have stepped up to the plate. Our squad isn't much different in strength to the one this time last year. Quite happy for a change! No more sales though unless it's Morgan or Russell!

INS: Clark Carlisle (Burnley), Iain Turner (Everton), Brian McLean (Falkirk), Graham Alexander (Burnley), Juhvel Tsoumou (Alemannia Aachen), Steven Smith (Norwich), Keammar Daley (Tivoli Gardens)

OUTS: Billy Jones (West Brom), Chris Brown (Watford), Wayne Brown (Free Agent), Neil Trotman (Rochdale), Sean St Ledger (Leicester), Andy Lonergan (Leeds), Keith Treacy (Burnley)

Said this to me on the day that Treacy was sold, I would have snapped your hands off... overall not a bad summer and there's some decent players in there that are certainly good enough to push for promotion!

Agreed mate, by the way i think Chris Brown went to Donny and Darren Carter was released

Some of those signings, I would have been happy with in the Championship. Only bothered about Billy Jones and Treacy leaving but Jones transfer was always inevitable and I think we have an adequate replacement for Treacy now. We've also got Mellor back which has helped our strength up front and our youngsters have stepped up to the plate. Our squad isn't much different in strength to the one this time last year. Quite happy for a change! No more sales though unless it's Morgan or Russell!

Summed up my thoughts exactly. Especially with the part about being happy with those signings in the championship. We've managed to avoid the trap of acquiring League 1 players (or worse, considering some of the trialists this summer), and at this moment I'm very confident for this season. Onwards and upwards

You can't really count the return of loanee Neil Mellor as an incoming.

However, I'm fairly pleased with that transfer window. Obviously I would've loved some such as Keith Treacy to stay (and in particular Billy Jones) but we can't have everything.

You can't really count the return of loanee Neil Mellor as an incoming.

However, I'm fairly pleased with that transfer window. Obviously I would've loved some such as Keith Treacy to stay (and in particular Billy Jones) but we can't have everything.

Not as an incoming, just as an comparison to last season when we had Brown and Hayes as our starting strikers instead!

Under our circumstances have to be pleased,now get Russell and Morgan on loan somewhere and a couple of in coming loans and the situation will be better still.The loaning out part will be the difficult bit.

I see Hayes has 2 goals in 5 League games for the Addicks. Why do these players not do it at PNE? Hopefully he will revert to type!!

Taken from Viz Top Tips

REPLICATE the transfer deadline day in your works canteen by panic-buying a pot noodle for £20, a minute before they close.

Outs-Carter.

Whats makes this even better is that the players we have brought in will be earning half of what the players left earned. So mission partly accomplised with the wage bill coming down;-)

As has been said, a pretty good transfer window considering all that is going on at the club. Can't help but wonder if a couple of these signings in the last transfer window would have kept us up. We could still have made all the same sales in this window and we would have a significantly higher income. Anyway, well done PB.

I see Hayes has 2 goals in 5 League games for the Addicks. Why do these players not do it at PNE? Hopefully he will revert to type!!

Hayes didn't get any kind of run in the first team. Perhaps the reason so many players here fail is the impatience of fans who expect us to win every game regardless of the division?

I'm very happy with our activity, the only disappointments being Jones and Treacy leaving. I think we've signed some really good quality players, McLean being the one that springs to mind.

Hayes didn't get any kind of run in the first team. Perhaps the reason so many players here fail is the impatience of fans who expect us to win every game regardless of the division?

26 appearances for us and Barnsley since we signed him.

2 goals.

6492 offsides.

He may have scored 2 goals in 5 for Charlton but remember, one swallow (or in this case 2) does not make a summer.

Decent window/couple of months or not.

Turner V's Lonners, much of a muchness but cheaper
Carlisle V's SSL, slower but with a better attitude
McLean V's Jones, poorer in every sense
Alexander V's Carter, slower but with a better attitude
Smith V's Davidson, better attitude but another sicknote?
Daley V's Treacy, who knows but cheaper
Tsoumou V's Hayes/Brown again who knows but cheaper.

Really don't care what you're all saying, we aren't missing Billy Jones. He did nothing in his first 3 years and only looked good last season because he was in a shit team.

Status
Not open for further replies.