PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my lowest expectations for the summer came after we had to apply for re-election
Sure, but we aren't seriously supposed to compare this summer to that summer and conclude "oh, it's not so bad now then"?

Sure, but we aren't seriously supposed to compare this summer to that summer and conclude "oh, it's not so bad now then"?
But I had more worries of going out the league or having to re-apply that following season than I have of being relegated next season. Until we know what is happening with AN and contract extensions I think some people are over reacting. Every season since we have come back up it’s been doom and gloom for the following season from some

Because we take the same lethargic approach to every summer, and we get the same results.

I don't expect tens of millions to be spent, or a guaranteed promotion push, just some urgency and intent.
What's frustrating is there are a lot of decent free agents knocking about and plenty of them will have decent resale value. Surely it's worth checking a few quid extra at the wage bill if we lose one of the big names and getting in some decent quality freebies knowing we can move them on in the summer if needs be and at least break even?

What's frustrating is there are a lot of decent free agents knocking about and plenty of them will have decent resale value. Surely it's worth checking a few quid extra at the wage bill if we lose one of the big names and getting in some decent quality freebies knowing we can move them on in the summer if needs be and at least break even?

I'm not even desperate to see free agents coming into the building. Just some sort of plan.

We don't know if the club wants the keep our manager and the manager really wants to be here next season. Nothing on contracts. Nothing on transfers apart from repeated stories in the local press about how we already have replacements at the club.

This is the shortest off-season in years but nothing is happening.

But I had more worries of going out the league or having to re-apply that following season than I have of being relegated next season. Until we know what is happening with AN and contract extensions I think some people are over reacting. Every season since we have come back up it’s been doom and gloom for the following season from some
OK, so you are saying we're seriously supposed to compare this summer to that summer and conclude "oh, it's not so bad now then".

Maybe on that same basis we should compare this summer to 1958 and conclude it's absolutely terrible?

Or with 1889 and declare it a catastrophe?

I'm not even desperate to see free agents coming into the building. Just some sort of plan.

We don't know if the club wants the keep our manager and the manager really wants to be here next season. Nothing on contracts. Nothing on transfers apart from repeated stories in the local press about how we already have replacements at the club.

This is the shortest off-season in years but nothing is happening.
That’s the problem for me. The closest we’ve even got to a rumour of an incoming is some bs twitter account saying expect a striker in soon

OK, so you are saying we're seriously supposed to compare this summer to that summer and conclude "oh, it's not so bad now then".

Maybe on that same basis we should compare this summer to 1958 and conclude it's absolutely terrible?

Or with 1889 and declare it a catastrophe?
Prick

Pollit would have to be a magical to turn Ripley into a good keeper .he ok apt league one or two but not championship standard

Status
Not open for further replies.