PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - Summer 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did someone say that McCann will take up a space in the 25?
Why is that when he is 21?
It's under-21s who don't take a squad space, not 21-year-olds.

As BPIG says, the date they assess the age is Jan 1st.

Isn't number 7 now free following the departure of Bayliss?

No, he’s still a Preston player. He retains his squad number.

Taken from Lancs Live.

Tom Bayliss' loan departure leaves a vacancy for the No.7 shirt while Daniel Iversen inheriting the No.12 shirt leaves the No.21 shirt fee.

Bit unseemly though, to reassign a player's number when they're only out on loan.
Maybe but it will be unused for a year with Tom being away so Josh or Ali might as well use it... and the #7 is always a popular selling point to those who wish to have a number on the back of their shirt.

Isn't number 7 now free following the departure of Bayliss?

Good point, but I'd leave that where it is. Whiteman did take 17 whilst Ginnelly was on loan last season and 19 was Burke's number when he was still on the books but Riis took it. Different scenario with Bayliss though I would think.

Good point, but I'd leave that where it is. Whiteman did take 17 whilst Ginnelly was on loan last season and 19 was Burke's number when he was still on the books but Riis took it. Different scenario with Bayliss though I would think.
Those two were on season long loans then out of contract. The club knew the numbers were effectively available. Bayliss won’t be out of contract at the end of his loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.