PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

TV Series/Netflix/Box Sets

222Mark

Body Snatcher
Staff member
Patron
Currently watching the new season (three) of For All Mankind on AppleTV.

About half way through and still very good. Really enjoyed that show and the subject matter of it.
Watched it last month, looking forward to season 4, a lot of the content on AppleTV is well worth the £4.99 per month.

Finished 5 days at Memorial last week, that's a harrowing watch but well worth it.

New Star Wars show Andor is amazing if you like this kind of stuff. Much better than the last two offerings. Feels bigger budget.

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron
Came across this gem on BBC iPlayer, Our Friends in the North.

Didn't know it existed, had just returned to the UK at that time and watching TV wasn't a priority, didn't get a telly for 2 years. If the first episode is anything to go off, it's a classic.

The added bonus, it has the gorgeous Gina Mckee in a starring role, along with other famous faces. Going off the first episode, 9/10.

justinr73

Patron
The Ones Below on iplayer is well worth watching should you be after 90 minutes of entertainment at the moment……

Modern British thriller about two couples living in flats in the same converted house in Islington (or similar).

The newbies get invited upstairs for a fairly awkward dinner and things go really tits up.

Well cast and well acted with David Morrissey being the one you’d all recognise.

It’s genuinely tense at times.

You’ll think you’ll know what’s going to happen (and you may or may not be right) but you won’t know when or how….

Currently watching The Watcher with my wife as I'm sore after going to the gym.

I don't know if this is going to be one of these occulty type series like Archive 81 that is good but has a dumb ending that makes me angry that I sat for seven episodes back to back.

222Mark

Body Snatcher
Staff member
Patron
Currently watching The Watcher with my wife as I'm sore after going to the gym.

I don't know if this is going to be one of these occulty type series like Archive 81 that is good but has a dumb ending that makes me angry that I sat for seven episodes back to back.
The difference between Archive 81 and The Watcher is that The Watcher is a true story.

Tino

Patron
The Bear - Disney+. 8/10 episode 7 was one of the finest I’ve seen anywhere for a long time, albeit only 20 minutes long.

welcome to wrexham - Disney+. 7.5/10. A couple of pointless episodes I thought but overall a good watch especially when you know they’re not going up and they’re all giving it Billy big bollox.

The Playlist - Netflix. 7/10. In Swedish with subtitles this is the story of Spotify from the perspective of 6 different people. Very good watch, episodes about 30 mins each

Maxine - channel 5. 6/10. Drama based on Maxine Carr. Bitch.

City on a hill - paramount +. 6/10. First series ended up being a bit dull and not one that would make me watch series 2 right off.

house of the dragon - Sky 7/10 for me

rings of power - prime 8/10

Others to start:
just started Mayor of Kingstown which looks decent - paramount+
Next series of The Crown out on 9th November
Tulsa King
SAS Rogue Heroes
1899 (from the makers of Dark)
The Old Man

Preston Lad

Patron
I enjoyed the beginning, by episode 8 I'd lost interest but I had to finish it, definitely not what I expected with too many unanswered story lines.
Pretty much the same as me pal. I got up to the very last half hour but just couldn’t be arsed watching it.

222Mark

Body Snatcher
Staff member
Patron
Currently blasting through Severance on AppleTV, great series.

Portishead

Patron
Watched the pilot The Peripheral on Prime. Futuristic set in Americana about a woman sucked into a virtual game with uncertainty if its really happening. Very promising. 8/10 so far.

LostinSpace

Exile
Staff member
Patron
Came across this gem on BBC iPlayer, Our Friends in the North.

Didn't know it existed, had just returned to the UK at that time and watching TV wasn't a priority, didn't get a telly for 2 years. If the first episode is anything to go off, it's a classic.

The added bonus, it has the gorgeous Gina Mckee in a starring role, along with other famous faces. Going off the first episode, 9/10.
I watched the original and was hooked. Excellent series.

LostinSpace

Exile
Staff member
Patron
The Bear - Disney+. 8/10 episode 7 was one of the finest I’ve seen anywhere for a long time, albeit only 20 minutes long.

welcome to wrexham - Disney+. 7.5/10. A couple of pointless episodes I thought but overall a good watch especially when you know they’re not going up and they’re all giving it Billy big bollox.

The Playlist - Netflix. 7/10. In Swedish with subtitles this is the story of Spotify from the perspective of 6 different people. Very good watch, episodes about 30 mins each

Maxine - channel 5. 6/10. Drama based on Maxine Carr. Bitch.

City on a hill - paramount +. 6/10. First series ended up being a bit dull and not one that would make me watch series 2 right off.

house of the dragon - Sky 7/10 for me

rings of power - prime 8/10

Others to start:
just started Mayor of Kingstown which looks decent - paramount+
Next series of The Crown out on 9th November
Tulsa King
SAS Rogue Heroes
1899 (from the makers of Dark)
The Old Man
You've rated Rings of Power above House of the Dragon. No way, Rings of Power 1st series was very disappointing imo. House of the Dragon on the other hand is OK and got better as the series progressed. Really looking forward to the next one but not sure I'll bother with Rings of Power.

222Mark

Body Snatcher
Staff member
Patron
Finished Severance on AppleTV, what a great series, can't wait for season 2.

Blasted through Cabinet of Curiosities on Netflix, first 4 episodes were decent last 4 were boring.

Started on a series called Terhan on AppleTV,

northender2

Patron
Just finished SAS Rogue Heroes on iPlayer, thought it was fantastic, really enjoyed it, would give it a solid 9/10
have to be honest, despite enjoying a lot of WW2 films and shows, i dont know much about the African side of the war, most films focus on the European side of thinfs so really interesting to see osmething that focuses on a different side of the war