PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

TV Series/Netflix/Box Sets

No I haven't and that's a good point mate.........will Mrs F like it? She doesn't normally go for violence (is it violent?) but she enjoyed Sons of Anarchy so can put up with it.

Wife watched all the Orange Is the New Black series and she does not like Violence. Never watched it myself, think it`s more a comedy drama than anything.

Wife watched all the Orange Is the New Black series and she does not like Violence. Never watched it myself, think it`s more a comedy drama than anything.

We tried that one as well and gave up after 2 episodes. It does get good reviews - I think we give up too soon.

Sounds like it ? persevere with Bloodline it's a slow burner but gets there and as Preston Lad said you've got to watch The Sopranos.

I think you're right. When we go to the caravan in Ingleton we only have DVDs and are currently on Mad Men Series 2 - we are so far behind the times........so next up may well be to purchase the Sopranos box set. Bloodline is on Netflix so I'll try and persuade Mrs F to give it another try.

I finally got round to watching House of Cards on Netflix all 4 seasons, would recommend if anyone hasn't seen it, Bloodline also on Netflix is worth a watch and Billions which is showing on sky now but the full first season is already in box sets. I have as well just watched the first 2 episodes of Outcast which is showing on Fox, looks promising so far.

Just finished the first Season of Billions............Superb programme:thumbsup:

Just finished 2nd season of Marco Polo (Netflix), I enjoyed it, 1st season started a bit slow, but overall very good series.

Last edited:
I know I can't wait for season 2 but there's no release date yet. Wayward Pines is another good one that's on fox, season 2 has just started showing season 1 is in box sets.

Yeah, I've watched the first season of Wayward Pines.

It was weird but I enjoyed it;)

Not started season 2 yet but they're all on my planner.

I've been watching The Big Bang Theory as well.

Didn't think I'd like it but it's superb........really funny.

I finally last week got Broadband installed, a 50" TV bought and I downloaded on Friday Series 1 of The Wire. Watched about 5 episodes last night, up to E11 now.

Really liking this.

Also seen on Sky Box Sets this little lot.. Mad Dogs, Sopranos, Sons of Anarchy (down to you this one Preston Lad!) and Sleeper Cell. Will go through these one by one after I complete all 5 (?) Series of The Wire. Jimmy McNulty is ace.

Anything else to recommend me that I've missed? Already watching / watched GoT (who'd have thought this? :D ) and Vikings.

I finally last week got Broadband installed, a 50" TV bought and I downloaded on Friday Series 1 of The Wire. Watched about 5 episodes last night, up to E11 now.

Really liking this.

Also seen on Sky Box Sets this little lot.. Mad Dogs, Sopranos, Sons of Anarchy (down to you this one Preston Lad!) and Sleeper Cell. Will go through these one by one after I complete all 5 (?) Series of The Wire. Jimmy McNulty is ace.

Anything else to recommend me that I've missed? Already watching / watched GoT (who'd have thought this? :D ) and Vikings.
Sons, Sopranos and the wire are easily in my top 5 all time favourite shows, enjoy.

Yeah The Wire and Sopranos are getting started this week, I reckon. Only heard good things about them both.

The Courtyards (?) on The Wire with the high rise flats around it reminds me of Sandown Court with the pub (forgot its name) in the centre of it's square. Behind the shops at Newman.

Could have filmed The Wire there. Weather would have been crapper though.

Really liking this.

You'll love both The Sopranos and Sons mate:thumbsup:

The Sopranos just edges it for me though.

I'm gonna watch The Wire myself, heard very good things about it!

I've just finished Strikeback .
The first season is good, it then got a injection of cash and a revamp which made seasons 2-5 superb, a bit 24 but better !

What I can't get my head around is why I've never heard about it before !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk