PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

TV Series/Netflix/Box Sets

Ive watched Narcos but not started on Narcos Mexico yet, will have to start that next
Gave up on Homeland a couple of series ago, loved the first few series but thought it kind of lost its way a bit, i might pick it up again

Long term memory is OK like I'm usually pretty good on pop master, well 80s anyways but I can put my glasses case or car keys down and 5 minutes later I'm turning the house upside down.

I've just turned 35 and already do stuff like this regularly.

A classic of mine is, making a brew, sitting down....go to take a sip 10 minutes later but there's no brew in sight...

Think 'I could have sworn I just made a brew'....

Go to make another one, go in the fridge for the milk and find my previously made brew sitting there alongside the milk 👀🥴

Ive watched Narcos but not started on Narcos Mexico yet, will have to start that next
Gave up on Homeland a couple of series ago, loved the first few series but thought it kind of lost its way a bit, i might pick it up again

I actually think the latest seasons of Homeland are better than the first.

Only just came across this thread and notice the first post says 'what to watch on Netflix' but there's a lot posting series from Prime, BBC etc so here's my non-platform specific picks:

The Sopranos
House of Cards - watched this prior to the Kevin Spacey revelation so I can imagine watching this from the start and knowing what we now believe to be true about him would change the experience a lot, but this show was one of the most gripping i've ever watched at the time
Stranger Things
Peaky Blinders - Captivating series i'm sure many on here will have seen already but Cillian Murphy is quality, as is Tom Hardy and latterly Adrien Brody. Strong BBC content.
True Detective - Series 1 is maybe the best single series of a show I've ever seen - Woody Harrelson and Matthew Mcconaughey are absolutely class. Series 2 is pretty terrible (luckily they're stand-alone so no need to bother with this one), and Series 3 was really strong again.
House
Narcos
Breaking Bad
Band of Brothers - Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg's 120 million dollar collab - I've watched all 10 episodes maybe 5 or 6 times through now and it still hasn't got old.. The attention to detail in these shows is unreal, & the budget they put into each episode was pretty much unheard of 20 years ago (not so much not with Netflix & HBO chucking tens of millions into shows like Game of Thrones). The Pacific came next and apparently had a bigger budget than BoB but didn't quite hit the same highs as the first series. Still well worth watching mind..
Chernobyl - Very late to the party on this one, and at times found it very hard to watch but incredibly detailed and accurate account of the events surrounding the explosion of the reactor. I've a friend who's teaching over in the Ukraine and she says that it's far more accurate than the Russians would have us believe.
They Shall Not Grow Old - Although not a series, this is special. Peter Jackson remasters Black and White World War One footage to tell the true story of life for a soldier at that time, told by people who fought themselves.
Brooklyn 99
Black Books
Spaced
The IT Crowd
Peep Show
Mighty Boosh

I've never got round to watching Power or The Wire but am told they're pretty special shows..

Narcos Mexico is back. Which is good.

Better Call Saul returns next week.

Watched Season 2 of Narcos Mexico in three days or so. Personally wasn’t quite as impressed - probably the worst season out of all of the Narcos ones. Found myself on my phone a lot of the time, unlike the other ones where I couldn’t take my eyes off the screen.

I actually think the latest seasons of Homeland are better than the first.

I’m with Northender here. I thought the first few seasons were incredible, but it seemed to lose its way after that imo.

Watched Season 2 of Narcos Mexico in three days or so. Personally wasn’t quite as impressed - probably the worst season out of all of the Narcos ones. Found myself on my phone a lot of the time, unlike the other ones where I couldn’t take my eyes off the screen.

I’m with Northender here. I thought the first few seasons were incredible, but it seemed to lose its way after that imo.

There's a lull ater the first twos seasons but it picks back up and surpasses the first season imo.

The Sinner season 3.

Just watched episode 1 and all I can say is it has hit the ground running, looking forward to watching the rest of it.

Source: Firestick>kodi.

Watching the new Series of Curb Your Enthusiasm and rewatching Entourage on Sky.

Both quality.

Also got into The Goldbergs......it’s well funny with an 80s theme.

I've just started watching Narcos after watching the 2 series Narcos Mexico. Is that the wrong way round and a problem?

I've just started watching Narcos after watching the 2 series Narcos Mexico. Is that the wrong way round and a problem?
there's very little crossover between the 2 so doesn't matter which way round you watch them, i've just finished Narcos Mexico, really good series but i preferred the original Narcos

Better Call Saul is so addictive, annoyed I have to wait a week for the next episode.

Better Call Saul is so addictive, annoyed I have to wait a week for the next episode.
i'm waiting until they're all available, might even watch the last few episodes of the last series before starting to remind myself what happened

Anyone seen The Outsider on Sky? Any good....?

I started Designated Survivor last week without realising there are 22 episodes in the first series so that's me occupied for quite a while.