TV Series/Netflix/Box Sets

Dirty Harry

Advisor to the Owner
I yesterday started, cos I am up to date, Peaky Blinders on Netflix.

S1 E1 I was about to give up on after just 30 mins then it picked up.

Smashed S1 E1-5.

Liking it. Reminds me of Boardwalk Empire although I missed two episodes of S2 so I stopped watching it, I need to re-watch that at some stage.
A lad from Preston, Dave Angol, who some of you might know (mid fifties by now) is a top saxophonist, has played with some big names like Amy Winehouse, and appeared in one episode of Peaky Blinders as a member of a jazz band playing in a nightclub scene.

Muzza

Advisor to the Owner
is there anywhere to watch the fast show these days? i looked for it a while ago but it wasnt on iplayer, guess its probably on brit box but no one i know has bothered to get that
There's a Christmas special and the last show ever on da Youtubez (and a few other clips), and if you search for particular characters you'd probably get more short clips too.

Preston Lad

Forum Patron
Patron
is there anywhere to watch the fast show these days? i looked for it a while ago but it wasnt on iplayer, guess its probably on brit box but no one i know has bothered to get that
As JD said, I think it’s shown on UK Gold.

Not sure if it’s on at the minute.

Muzza

Advisor to the Owner
Okay, this isn't part of a box set or series, but it's linked to one. There's a one off 1 hour show being televised over here tomorrow evening: 'Tiger King - What Really Went Down'. No idea if you can get it via any source in the UK, but will update when I've watched it.

Forgot to report back, but this doco really wasn't worth it. Not much there that we didn't already know and they just played loads of clips from the actual series. The only (weird) snippet of info was that Joe Exotic was actually now trying to join forces with Peta to become a spokesperson against animal captivity and the tiger cub petting etc. Oh, and he was in Iso in prison cause of Covid.

Lakers

Youth Team
The Last Dance is superb. Not really into basketball but it’s a great insight into on the greatest sportsmen on the planet.

Winkytinky

Forum Patron
Patron
White lines on Netflix, created by the same guy who did money heist, it's a bit mad but well worth watching just for the music alone.

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
White lines on Netflix, created by the same guy who did money heist, it's a bit mad but well worth watching just for the music alone.
Watched E1...unsure as of now...will watch the next 2 episodes... might be one to maybe bin off. Undecided.

222Mark

Serial killer of note
Patron
Hammered through the series Dirty John on Netflix, if you haven't seen this yet, then give it a go. Crazy and disturbing true story also staring a young Ruth from Ozark.