TV Series/Netflix/Box Sets

Muzza

Advisor to the Owner
The lass I've kinda been seeing has never watched True Blood, so started binging them with her. Been a long time since I watched them!

Muzza

Advisor to the Owner
It was very good was True Blood.

Great theme tune too - got a signed CD when he played in London i think.
Yeah, I enjoyed them but remember some of it getting a bit daft when they were trying to shoehorn a new 'entity' in each season (witches, werewolves, faeries, shapeshifters) etc. Good harmless viewing though.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Just finished season 1 of Snowpiercer on Netflix. Not my usual type of thing to watch (although i'd probably read it) worth a go. Solid 7/10

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
I'm all set up to re-watch The Wire but with subtitles this time around so I can finally understand the drawl that Snoop comes out with.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Me and the mrs finished Fringe last night (her 1st time my 5th) starting her on Person of Interest and Line of Duty next.

northender2

Manager
I'm all set up to re-watch The Wire but with subtitles this time around so I can finally understand the drawl that Snoop comes out with.
i gave up with the wire 2 episodes in when i tried to watch it a few years ago, maybe i should give it another go but i really struggled to get through those 2 episodes

Muzza

Advisor to the Owner
i gave up with the wire 2 episodes in when i tried to watch it a few years ago, maybe i should give it another go but i really struggled to get through those 2 episodes
Stick with it! Awesome show. Series 2 was probably my least favourite of the bunch (the one focused on the port) but generally I thought it was excellent.

Jack Daniels

Staff member
Patron
Stick with it! Awesome show. Series 2 was probably my least favourite of the bunch (the one focused on the port) but generally I thought it was excellent.
Omar is the man with McNulty but Marlo is shady, calm, quiet and dangerous.

portisheadpete

Forum Patron
Patron
Watched Ep 1 of Upload on Prime, a futuristic comedy about a virtual paradise you pay to get uploaded to as an alternative to death. Very promising and different.

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
Wentworth Series 8 started on Wednesday on 5 Star. It's a modern day version of Prisoner Cell Block H but don't let that put you off. It's good stuff and ridiculously violent as well. Disappointingly there are no cardboard walls though.

Jack Daniels

Staff member
Patron
Wentworth Series 8 started on Wednesday on 5 Star. It's a modern day version of Prisoner Cell Block H but don't let that put you off. It's good stuff and ridiculously violent as well. Disappointingly there are no cardboard walls though.
PCB H was a classic series.

Loved it back in the day.

222Mark

Serial killer of note
Patron
I'll Be Gone In The Dark 8/10

I think this is about to start on Sky Atlantic some time this month

Brilliant 6 part documentary about an American writer called Michelle Macnamara and how her crime podcasts, book and her obsession with crime help capture the 1970's and 80's serial killer who operated under the names East coast rapist/original night stalker/ the ransacker and finally the golden state killer.

Really worth the watch when it starts this month.