PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

TV Series/Netflix/Box Sets

I’ve watched about 5 episodes now, each one crazier than the last.

I never knew the Big Cat Family was so fucked up.

That Joe Exotic is so weird, both funny weird and scary weird.

It gets more weird and convoluted with each episode. Joe gets in way over his head even for him. Scary is the word I'll go for. Weird is common in North America 😁.

I did the full set of 'Snowfall' recently. Loved it and couldn't believe the main character is actually a born and bred Londoner playing an American. I would never have guessed that in a million years.

Started "Narcos - Mexico" after watching 30 minutes of it over 8 months ago. Onto S1 E3.

Already watched the original back in October 2018.

Shaping up ok so far.

Just watched the 1st episode of this, and to be honest, i'm not too sure about it, it's only 6 episodes so will stick with it

I've watched the full series and although I've seen a couple of pretty scathing reviews, I quite enjoyed it. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, but my main gripes are that Fellowes has employed rather too much artistic licence and the 'working class northerner' and 'public school toff' characters are often a bit stereotypical. Even so, it's an interesting look at birth of professionalism in the game.

PNE get a mention and there's even a scene where the Old Etonians team are supposedly approaching Deepdale for the FA Cup Quarter Final - although the 'stadium' shown looks nothing like Deepdale.

One aspect I found quite amusing was that the fictional Blackburn team (a fictional amalgam of Rovers and Olympic) wear claret shirts! Someone on the production team must be a Burnley fan with an evil sense of humour.

Two of the best comedies of recent years have returned to our screens over the last couple of days - Brooklyn Nine Nine and Friday Night Dinner.

Just watched all 8 episodes on Netflix of "Caliphate".

You can guess the source material but it is worth the watch.

I liked Rookie Blue, whilst Carter is generally entertaining if rather lightweight. Private Eyes with Jason Priestley is better.

I’ve just noticed that the female cop in Carter is none other than the great (and not dead) Sidney Poitier’s daughter.

For someone born in 1973, she’s also aged very well too. Not unlike me, in fact.

I've started watching a few old DVD's that I had knocking about - 'The Thin Blue Line' with Rowan Atkinson is great, and does anyone remember 'The Beiderbecke Affair' with James Bolam? That's pretty good.