PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

TV Series/Netflix/Box Sets

I saw this story some months ago and watched the documentary the day it came out 30th September. It’s horrific and it has bothered me for weeks. I can’t even begin to imagine the terror that Shanann’s family went through. I agree Chris Watts looks so unassuming and placid and a really good dad, I think that is what’s most scary.
Ooh, don’t spoil it for me Joan I haven’t watched it yet !!!!

Tried watching Brave new World on sky the other day, got through the first 2 episodes but wasn't really enjoying it, think its 9 episodes in total, not sure i'll bother with the remaining episodes

I'm about 4 episodes in. Seems to be getting a tad better, so i'll stay the course as i'm not watching anything else at present.

It has already done a few things a bit different to the book, so at least I can expect the odd surprise maybe.

Has more of a feel of Black Mirror about it in many respects.

Has anyone seen Down to the Lake? we watched the first two episodes and are about to give it the boot.

...unless someone can persuade me it's worth persevering.

I started watching it about 10 years ago - I’m sure it used to be on Sky....
Just looked at Google, it looks like it’s still on Sky. I searched for it about a month ago and it didn’t seem to be there.

I missed loads of of TV until around 2-3 years ago because I was travelling all the time with work.
There’s not a lot of good that’s come from the pandemic but it has given me the chance to watch some of the old series I missed.😀

Last edited:
In which case no. I really struggle with stuff that is dubbed (like Dark) so they can never hold my attention very long
Change the settings, you can watch subtitles instead, i did the same with Dark, the American dubbing was abysmal so i binned it off for subtitles, it makes for a far better experience.

If anyone fancies a decent creepy series but doesn't mind subtitles then watch Marianne on Netflix.

I'm going to give To The Lake a watch now that I've done Bly Manor, still got to finish Bloodline and I'm watching Haunting of Hill House again.

Watched quite a few things the last few months or so......

Ozark
Oz - The Prison series
The Wire (again)
Ray Donovan
How To Survive A Murder
Fresh Prince of Bel Air (with my 10 yr old lad)😄

Ozark & Ray Donovan = 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

I didn’t want either to end.

Oz is outstanding.

I was surprised to discover that the bloke who played the menacing Kareem Said was also the fella who played Winston in In Sickness and in Health.

Last edited:
Oz is outstanding.

I was surprised to discover that the bloke who played the menacing Kareem Said was also the fella who played Winston in In Sickness and in Health.
I really enjoyed it.

A fair few familiar faces in it as well including Carmela from The Sopranos and Rawls, Daniels, Carver and Hulk from The Wire.

Dark is one of those brilliant series that slip through the net and nobody sees it, I've watched the lot and its brilliant, you'll love it.

I've got the last one of the first series to watch. I have to say I'm really enjoying it but it's one of those that you can't afford to look away for a second otherwise you miss something. I don't mind the subtitles either, and the music is outstanding.