PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

TV Series/Netflix/Box Sets

I started the US office a few days ago after reading your post, at the beginning of season 2, not really clicked with it yet, constantly comparing Michael with David Brent, Dwight and Gareth, Tim and Jim, Dawn and Pam, found Office UK much more cringeworthy up to now. Will have to continue to see how it goes.
Yeah the first series is just a poor rip off of the UK version with a completely unlikeable Michael Scott. It gets so much better trust me.

The new series of Dexter starts tomorrow, looking forward to it. I won’t be watching ‘till Tuesday night tho.

The new series of Dexter starts tomorrow, looking forward to it. I won’t be watching ‘till Tuesday night tho.
I'm going to wait until most episodes have been aired then binge on them, will either have to avoid this thread for a while or hope people use the spoiler quote function to hide any spoilers

I'm going to wait until most episodes have been aired then binge on them, will either have to avoid this thread for a while or hope people use the spoiler quote function to hide any spoilers
We're going to watch the old fashioned way. First episode tonight as I'd forgotten that it was going out in the early hours for the US audience.

Finished it last night, beautiful, excellent, I really enjoyed it.
Thanks to you both -@outreacher @daddyman16 Finished watching Maid this week.
Thought it was a brilliant piece of storytelling.
Illustrates well the downward spiral of poverty, especially how slippery the slope is if you don't have a support network- for those of us in the world for who being skint is not just 'a cash flow issue'.
Great acting especially by the main character who I thought was incredible, I found myself rooting for her as I did her Mum in the end.
Emotional stuff.
Glad that the wrist slashing film making of We Need to Talk About Kevin, Blue Valentine, Manchester by the Sea etc era seems to have passed. We had a happy ending!
Anything else like this out there?

Last night's questions seemed easier than most of the previous weeks', and the connecting walls were remarkably simple for once. Some weeks I struggle to get any of the connections or sequences. Last night I got 5. It's a great quiz and the fact that University Challenge follows on directly, is wonderful.
Yeah I went through a stint of watching it. Some weeks I'd get loads others weeks nothing. I even went into work and bragged to a colleague 'yeah I can do them, I must be how my brain works'- LOL. Only to be completely undone the next show.
I didn't tell him about that..

Anybody seen The Social Media Murders on itv4, harrowing and really sad to see what these young kids have gone through. I'd hate to be a teenager nowadays.

Current watchlist is:
Breaking Bad season 3
The Sopranos season 1
Squid game
The Chesnut Man
The Office (US) season 2
Watched the final (9th) episode of Squid Game last night. Have to say I'm really impressed. It evolved into something quite different than I expected.

Intrigued to know what another series might bring.

Current watchlist is:
Breaking Bad season 3
The Sopranos season 1
Squid game
The Chesnut Man
The Office (US) season 2
All great series except the US Office for me. Tried but couldn't get into it at all. The original was brilliant and unique and that is the point, it can't be copied imo.

I Believe in Miracles on Netflix, about Clough’s Nottingham Forest team in the late 70’s. Even if you hate Forest it’s worth it for the cracking funk and disco soundtrack.

I've started watching the Lost Symbol by Dan Brown on Sky and I'm not impressed. I've read the first two books and seen the films which were all excellent, but I'm not sure I'm going to make it to the end of the second episode if this pile of shit doesn't improve very quickly.