PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

TV Series/Netflix/Box Sets

Last night's questions seemed easier than most of the previous weeks', and the connecting walls were remarkably simple for once. Some weeks I struggle to get any of the connections or sequences. Last night I got 5. It's a great quiz and the fact that University Challenge follows on directly, is wonderful.

Felt a bit sorry for Bristol coming up against Edinburgh in UC. Great game though.

The two of them were streets ahead of the teams the week before.

Just started The Wheel of Time on Amazon Prime, Amazons answer to GOT/LOTR, with 14 books as source material.

Manic first episode need to watch more i think.

Just started The Wheel of Time on Amazon Prime, Amazons answer to GOT/LOTR, with 14 books as source material.

Manic first episode need to watch more i think.
We've been looking at that, will probably give it a go on Wednesday night.

Firstly: I have always had a problem hearing about Ukrainian Mafia gangs operating in Europe, sex trafficking, drug cartels and criminality all over the EU and in the UK.
Secondly: Never in my life have I seen such a brave people fighting for democracy as the people of Kiev in total disregard for their lives, against total brutality the likes I have never seen before on film. It was distressing and difficult to watch, ordinary people standing up for their democratic rights. (Maybe Cairo 2011)

To watch the documentary you have to have a Netflix subscription, but I can honestly say, I have rarely seen such bravery by ordinary people. For those interested in how democracy can overthrow a dictatorship please watch.

Trailer:

Last edited:
Watched the first episode and it was painful, think I will wait until someone posts a definate positive, can't see it happening though.

Watched all three available and share your lack of enthusiasm. I heard it said it`s supposed to be reminiscent of GOT or LOTR, but it totally lacks any gravitas , some of the production is awful, the characters lack any charisma, and I`m mentally filing it under ` Young Adult Soap Opera`.

Watched all three available and share your lack of enthusiasm. I heard it said it`s supposed to be reminiscent of GOT or LOTR, but it totally lacks any gravitas , some of the production is awful, the characters lack any charisma, and I`m mentally filing it under ` Young Adult Soap Opera`.
Having watched 2 episodes I’ve remembered why I stopped reading the books.

Firstly: I have always had a problem hearing about Ukrainian Mafia gangs operating in Europe, sex trafficking, drug cartels and criminality all over the EU and in the UK.
Secondly: Never in my life have I seen such a brave people fighting for democracy as the people of Kiev in total disregard for their lives, against total brutality the likes I have never seen before on film. It was distressing and difficult to watch, ordinary people standing up for their democratic rights. (Maybe Cairo 2011)

To watch the documentary you have to have a Netflix subscription, but I can honestly say, I have rarely seen such bravery by ordinary people. For those interested in how democracy can overthrow a dictatorship please watch.

Trailer:

Wow, you're absolutely right! Very powerful and inspiring.

I am in the middle of watching Dopestick on Star 8/10
Michael Keaton is the main star but its very good.
It bounces around in timeframes which is a bit annoying but totally understand why its like that.
If anyone thinks we should follow the American system for HealthCare, they need to watch this.

I have started watching the Korean series 'Hellbound', thought the CGI was a bit crap in episode one, but I am slowly starting to get interested. Episode 2 is getting me hooked.

I remember once watching a Korean film about a sea monster that attacked a city, was really good, they make some good stuff do the Koreans, vivid imaginations.

All great series except the US Office for me. Tried but couldn't get into it at all. The original was brilliant and unique and that is the point, it can't be copied imo.
I have watched about 5 series so far, just appears the US version is exploiting and drawing out the copycat series far too long. Can't blame Gervais and Marchant for making lots of bucks from it, but it has been done before, and not as good as the characters in Slough, which deserved awards for adding a new dimension to comedy.

We started watching a series based on Madam C.J. Walker on Netflix who was the second self made female millionaire. She made her fortune making a hair product for fellow Black Americans, followed by other health products.

It's a typical U.S. drama with weird cut scenes, but I like it because it's of the early 1900s Red Dead Redemption 2 era (for any gamers out there), starting off in St. Louis.
My wife spotted it first and we watched two 2-3 episodes but for some reason she didn't want to bother with the rest. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Oh and we've started watching the second season of Love on the Spectrum, an Australian version of The Undateables focused solely on Autistic people.

Watched the latest ( fourth) episode of `Wheel of Time`, a new series I really didn`t like at all, and found that after the initial release of the first three `scene setting` instalments it really went up a gear..helped by the fact that it moved on the focus onto different characters. Might see this one through, now.

Currently blown away by the new Beatles three-parter `Get Back`. ( Disney, please do not consider using a VPN and Stremio, or similar, which is highly illegal).

Absolutely superb. The interractions, and the development of the songs....well, it`s drawn me right in and is one of the best things I`ve ever seen on TV. Got the second half/finale of the last long episode chalked up for tonight, and I`m so `into` it right now that I seem to have spent most of last night dreaming about it.... now, if I can only remember and write down that riff I came up with that John and Paul loved.....before that blonde groupie sat on my lap and I woke up.... :)