PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

UK Energy Crisis

Since my smart meter' s gone on FFW, Ive just gone out and bought a big wheel and 59 hamsters. Trouble is it cost me £25 for feed for a week.

278248451_522645019331426_3686184788811424581_n.jpg

Just been informed my fixed rate deal of £1400 p/a ends in June and the options are £2400 p/a on a variable rate deal or £3000 p/a on a new fixed rate. Flippin' heck.

Just been informed my fixed rate deal of £1400 p/a ends in June and the options are £2400 p/a on a variable rate deal or £3000 p/a on a new fixed rate. Flippin' heck.
It’s a bit like whether to have two teeth out at the dentists or three…..

If it’s any consolation Harry our energy prices have gone up by about £1500 per annum…

Absolute joke.

Government has to intervene, bite the bullet and impose a windfall tax
I read an article today about Rishi Sunak threatening the big energy companies with the Windfall tax IF they don’t re-invest their profits on new projects…..

I read an article today about Rishi Sunak threatening the big energy companies with the Windfall tax IF they don’t re-invest their profits on new projects…..

Slight pause while the accountants wave a magic wand and with a sleight of hand it can be shown those profits are indeed being reinvested. Meanwhile the CEOs are just upgrading their yachts. The way it works. Or doesnt for ordinary joe.

Slight pause while the accountants wave a magic wand and with a sleight of hand it can be shown those profits are indeed being reinvested. Meanwhile the CEOs are just upgrading their yachts. The way it works. Or doesnt for ordinary joe.
Agreed with above and the oil and gas industry make investment decisions on 10 to 20 year horizons. A one off windfall will not significantly affect any major investment decisions. Those pundits in the media that suggest otherwise are either ignorant or bullshitters

Agreed with above and the oil and gas industry make investment decisions on 10 to 20 year horizons. A one off windfall will not significantly affect any major investment decisions. Those pundits in the media that suggest otherwise are either ignorant or bullshitters
Same for the electric industry - they have to think decades ahead. Money has already been allocated for investments a long time in the future.

Suspect that Sunak is playing to the gallery and wants to be seen to be doing something.

Same for the electric industry - they have to think decades ahead. Money has already been allocated for investments a long time in the future.

Suspect that Sunak is playing to the gallery and wants to be seen to be doing something.
That’s hardly a shock is it. It’s all this government do!

That will really help those struggling to heat their homes or choosing between heat and food. Words cannot be found to describe that man.
Exactly….. I know that Labour are pushing the government to force the energy companies to be charged a windfall tax which can then be distributed amongst those families who need it most in the face f rising bills.

I sent my final reading before the prices went up to British Gas weeks ago, via a text that They sent, not even had a bill yet.
I’ve been on a monthly bill with shell energy since October when my old provider went bust

Put readings in on 31/03 like you but only just had my next bill in May , so missed an April bill , probably too difficult for them to work out with the different rates

Actually having a wood burner fitted next week , it’s really going to hit hard this coming October with another projected 50% jump 🙁

Scary to think that a lot of us on here will not only be struggling with our own energy bills increasing but will also be doing our best to help out our elderly parents and our grown up children who will also be getting hammered.