PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

UK Energy Crisis

Indeed.

“Let’s Get Brexit Done! It will free the UK from Brussels’ red tape and give us the freedom to… blah blah blah”
We had Truss today saying she wasnt afraid to make unpopulr decisions, what she omitted to say that he was making decisions that brought favor, in particular, from the ERG and the Taxpayers alliance.

Shes not there for the many in any way whatever.

but, but but!!
Been following this one for a while - it cropped up in a trade magazine talking about Nordstream 2 and looks to be very complex.

The Finnish state owned half of Fortrum, the majority shareholder of Uniper, and already paid a substantial bailout. Now, many in Finland are criticising this action, accusing Germany of forcing down the price so that they could pick up the company on the cheap and shafting Finnish taxpayers in the process.

If it was a one-off, I might give the benefit of the doubt, but that is exactly what they did here during the financial crisis - forcing the price of assets lower and snapping them up for next to nothing. Sadly, I remember pointing out during the pandemic that I feared the wealthy countries using the loans and grants to suck wealth from the periphery to stave off political opposition. Now, during this energy crisis, I fear that this is now happening - although, I must admit to some cynicism about such things :D :p

Merkel threw Southern Europe under the bus to save her own political skin - now, are the Finns now finding out what that means? Different government, same shit?

Been following this one for a while - it cropped up in a trade magazine talking about Nordstream 2 and looks to be very complex.

The Finnish state owned half of Fortrum, the majority shareholder of Uniper, and already paid a substantial bailout. Now, many in Finland are criticising this action, accusing Germany of forcing down the price so that they could pick up the company on the cheap and shafting Finnish taxpayers in the process.

If it was a one-off, I might give the benefit of the doubt, but that is exactly what they did here during the financial crisis - forcing the price of assets lower and snapping them up for next to nothing. Sadly, I remember pointing out during the pandemic that I feared the wealthy countries using the loans and grants to suck wealth from the periphery to stave off political opposition. Now, during this energy crisis, I fear that this is now happening - although, I must admit to some cynicism about such things :D :p

Merkel threw Southern Europe under the bus to save her own political skin - now, are the Finns now finding out what that means? Different government, same shit?

Looks like a bloody scam...

I have nothing against privatising energy companies, btw, but the devil is in the detail on how they do it and who benefits - we have seen what happened with the banks when that soon became transferring wealth upwards.

I have... Anything essential to life should not be in the hands of private enterprise or subject to profit making and shareholders. In my opinion ( just like making laws to protect the masses ) the government is paid to be responsible for the population and that certainly doesn't fit in with shysters pocketing multi billions............ Just because governments don't conduct themselves correctly doesn't remove from the fact that they bloody well should do.

I have... Anything essential to life should not be in the hands of private enterprise or subject to profit making and shareholders. In my opinion ( just like making laws to protect the masses ) the government is paid to be responsible for the population and that certainly doesn't fit in with shysters pocketing multi billions............ Just because governments don't conduct themselves correctly doesn't remove from the fact that they bloody well should do.
Sorry - I actually meant nationalising! Distracted by hungry cats :D

Fully agree with your post!

We had Truss today saying she wasnt afraid to make unpopulr decisions, what she omitted to say that he was making decisions that brought favor, in particular, from the ERG and the Taxpayers alliance.

Shes not there for the many in any way whatever.

Shes confusing unpopular decisions with bad decisions which are also generally unpopular. Shes running out of permutations of the same 5 mantras after 48 hours, and the last few remaining, like combining banking bonuses with levelling up, are pure comedy. She needs a reboot, and millions are queuing up to supply it.

Irish bloke on 5live, an Oil Company spokesman, stating the benefits for Lancashire to resume fracking on Preston New Rd, they would give help to local councils.

Ha ha fucking ha, reckons no health issues or dangers, this guy is well briefed, no dangers whatsoever, Pennsylvania, did it wrong.

It is not a disaster for the environment at all. I spent many many days on-site at PNR and witnessed firsthand the extremely strict environmental protocols that are followed. All talk of aquifers being contaminated, harmful chemicals contaminating the water supply, setting fire to water, and excessive methane escape, are all untrue in the modern day industry. We already import LNG and huge environmental cost. If viable, locally produced gas will negate the need for that by some volume. If they do as they should and ringfence British sourced gas.

I'm not looking at the documentary because, to be honest, I have read enough professionally produced information, from both sides of the argument already.
Yep methane, only stays in the atmosphere for 10 years, harmless to the environment and the atmosphere, that's right isn't it Snicks?

Earth’s second most abundant greenhouse gas after carbon dioxide (CO2), methane is comparatively short-lived. Even so, methane plays a much greater role in warming the planet. Over a 100-year period, methane is 28 times more powerful than carbon dioxide at warming the earth. Over 20 years, that comparison jumps to approximately 80 times.

As methane is emitted into the air, it reacts in several hazardous ways. For one, methane primarily leaves the atmosphere through oxidization, forming water vapor and carbon dioxide. So, not only does methane contribute to global warming directly but also, indirectly through the release of carbon dioxide.

Additionally, during the oxidization process, methane reacts with hydroxyl radicals (OH). These naturally occurring molecules act as a “detergent,” cleaning methane and many other pollutants from the air. Thus, methane reduces the amount of hydroxyl radicals available to remove other types of air pollutants.

Methane also contributes to the forming of the ozone, decreasing air quality and leading to various health issues in animals, premature human deaths, and reduced crop yields.

Ultimately, reducing the amount of methane in the atmosphere will lessen these effects. By focusing on anthropogenic, or man-made, methane emissions alone, we can decrease the rate of global warming considerably.
https://www.bridgerphotonics.com/blog/how-does-methane-affect-environment

I'm not talking propaganda, I'm talking actual data.

Genuine question... which part(s) of this guy's analysis don't you agree with? (statements made over a few clear tweets). He claims he's talking actual data but has a wholly different interpretation to the one you apparently have.

Genuine question... which part(s) of this guy's analysis don't you agree with? (statements made over a few clear tweets). He claims he's talking actual data but has a wholly different interpretation to the one you apparently have.

That ties in with all the data I have researched. It isn't viable and would be a waste of resources.